The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

New tsi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveregs

Proven Member
Apr 26, 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
So I just bought a 2g tsi yesterday. Bone stock other than a exhaust. Tell me things I should do or go through to keep my 2g running smooth.

Do regular maintenance first..oil change, spark plugs, wires, and I would also check the timing belt just to be on the safe side.

Awesome thanks. I have to put a trans in it. One of the main shaft bearings making a lot of noise. Since I'm there going to be putting a clutch in it. Any suggestions? I'm not going crazy build yet. Just going for a good sound little more power and a good look. Exedy?

At 207,631 Miles on my 96 AWD TSi I'd say IF you're doing a timing belt you MAY want to replace the crank angle sensor and the cam angle sensor. I just refreshed the motor on my car and reinstalled it when I found out the crank sensor went bad.

Awesome thanks. I have to put a trans in it. One of the main shaft bearings making a lot of noise. Since I'm there going to be putting a clutch in it. Any suggestions? I'm not going crazy build yet. Just going for a good sound little more power and a good look. Exedy?

an Exedy should be fine. I swapped mine to an organic material exedy when I did my transmission too. Clutch has been fine my car was at 12-15 lbs on a Ebay Evo 3 until it failed and I switched to a t25 . So its slightly beyond stock and the clutch feels fine no harsh engagement make sure you use a good fluid when you refill. MT Redline 90 and shock proof in the transfer case and rear differential :hmm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back