The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New tre transmission

How Much do you think I paid for my transmission

• $1000 or less

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • $1500

• $2125

• $2300

• $2700

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • $3000

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • $3500+

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why was it glass beaded and painted, if it was brand new? I would rather it look like, straight out of the factory!
Which one looks better???

Painted???
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Or non painted???

He might have bead blasted it because if you touch a new OEM transmission it sucks the dirt out of your finger and goes all over the trans.

Lol but seriously, those things dirty so fast.

He might have bead blasted it because if you touch a new OEM transmission it sucks the dirt out of your finger and goes all over the trans.

Lol but seriously, those things dirty so fast.

I know, I just wish Mine looked new and shiny!
Here is my shep stage4
Don't mind the red circle!

Cool story Brah.

Look on rebuild websites.

Facepalm.jpg

What happened to you lofty? You use to be the fun guy on here and lately you've been a dick

Its torque that kills trans', not HP. Building a trans to hold 900whp or 10k Rpm's is really not a issue, but anything past 375 ft lbs of torque all sorts of bad stuff starts happening. The case is too weak and the gears can't handle the misalignment.

It's not painted the way the light hit it spoolin your full of yourself shut up

Mainer mainer mainer...

It IS "painted".

It's been alumablasted....

I suggest you don't make remarks like this unless you know what you're talking about, because this is a good way to turn a thread bad.

Oh wait... turn... nevermind.

Flame away!

Hey batter batter batter! Swing!

I LOL'd.

PIM where's my BOV?
Lol jk I found one.

I'm lazy, work 3rd shift and have no time to send it out.

I will send it eventually. But hey it's free.

Holy thread revival batman. But to answer your question TRE sells parts for sure. On their site WELCOME TO TRE   WE SPECIALIZE IN MANUAL TRANSMISSION REPAIR click on the Parts and Accessories link on the left side.

Other trans shops sell just parts as well. I just recently picked up a fifth gear from Shep. If it isn't on the site then pick up your phone and make a call or send an e-mail.

Well Im getting out of the dsm game for now since I have no money I put the transmission in its now broken in and works fine. The car just ate a turbo and i just put a evo 3 16g in. So If anyone is interested I will part out the car but buyer will have to pay for shipping of the part.

Transmission with act 2100 clutch pressure plate and remachined flywheel-$2300

Evo3 16g with j-pipe and 3" 02 housing-$300

New rear diff-$200

Turbo xs Bov (recirculated)-$150

Hard intercooler piping with 2g specific piping that holds the bov and goes to the Throttle body-$200

K&n FIlter and adapter plate-$70

2ga painted headlights-$50

Tinted talon tail lights-$60

Full 3" turbo back exhaust-$300

Or I'll sell the whole car for $4000 needs the normal rust work I can not pay for shipping I don't have the money Im buying a 92 gti for a DD Its a nice looking car $1200 its lowered rolled fenders black 15x8's with chrome lip rim's full exhaust Im only 18 and I just spent all my money on the talon and it keeps digging deeper in to a wallet i no longer have. I will be coming back to the dsm world but when I have the money.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back