The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New to this community, looking for advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inst1ncX

Probationary Member
Oct 8, 2022
Calgary, AB_Canada
Just got my first DSM and car, a 2008 Eclipse Spyder and I wanted to know what you guys do for maintenance. I heard that the timing belt was a pretty big issue with most of these engines so I got it quoted by a Mitsubishi mechanic for $1100 (CAD), is it worth getting it done now or should I wait a bit as my car only has 100k km on it. As for hoses and gaskets, are they easily replaceable or should I also get those done by a mechanic? (I have pretty much no experience working with cars but I'd be willing to learn if my f***ing up wouldn't totally ruin my car). I'm getting it to the shop already because the lining on the right side of the interior popped out so if anything, should I get more things fixed while it's there?

I've never owned a convertible let alone a car so any tips on keeping it in good condition during the winter would be appreciated ( I live in Canada so it gets really f***ing cold).

My main plan is to just maintain the car and use it as my daily as I'm still in high school. I'm not sure if I'll be keeping the car as I'll be moving overseas for a few years but while I have her I'd love to learn how to maintain and make the best of what I got.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sorry to say but that's a 4 gen Eclipse and not a DSM. While you are welcome here we focus primarily on the Eclipse, Talon, and Laser cars built between 1989 and 1999 as part of the joint venture between Mitsubishi and Chrysler, Diamond Star Motors.

You find more fourth generation specific information at https://www.club4g.org/

Thats not a dsm unfortunately. Theres not a whole lot here to read about your particular gen of eclipse. But we sure can try to help. The community here is great even if your questions are "questionable "
But stick on the site n hang out. Like I said the community is great and will tey to help you out.

You should fill out a vehicle profile > http://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back