The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G new to this all was looking for tips/help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iDuniz

Probationary Member
Oct 4, 2022
toronot, ON_Canada
I just got into this a few months ago and just found this forum not too sure how to use it entirely so sorry if this is somewhere.

Does anyone know where to find aftermarket appearance or performance parts or any recommendations would be super helpful.

It looks like the previous owner had done quite a bit under the hood and there are a lot of lose wires just hanging around, so far haven't noticed any problems besides my RPMs not working. I was wondering if anyone knew which wire that was or where I could find it to try and find the root of the problem.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Start by making a vehicle profile detailing your vehicle. All of the supporting vendors found below support our cars. Go there for new and used oem or aftermarket parts.

After setting up a profile, always try and use the search feature to find people experiencing your problem. By now these cars are 30 years old and we’ve seen almost every scenario imaginable and the answer is already able to be found more than likely.

Keep in mind the year of your DSM will determine the proper solution as certain years might gave unique issues such as a 90 having a noise filter that can wipe out the Tachometer. A simple jump wire can fix that.

Post a vehicle profile and do some digging before starting a new thread.

Start by making a vehicle profile detailing your vehicle. All of the supporting vendors found below support our cars. Go there for new and used oem or aftermarket parts.

After setting up a profile, always try and use the search feature to find people experiencing your problem. By now these cars are 30 years old and we’ve seen almost every scenario imaginable and the answer is already able to be found more than likely.

Keep in mind the year of your DSM will determine the proper solution as certain years might gave unique issues such as a 90 having a noise filter that can wipe out the Tachometer. A simple jump wire can fix that.

Post a vehicle profile and do some digging before starting a new thread.
Hey thanks for your reply I went ahead and made a profile.
And thanks I’ll be sure to check those out first now just new so didn’t know exactly how this all works

Welcome to the best DSM forum on the internet! Now we have ONE more member and glad to have you. You will find lots of help here. If you can't find it in a search, post up a new thread.
Marty

For performance parts you’re looking at extreme psi.com, stm and MAPerformace as the big three and in that order.
As far as your tach, can you gets pics of dangling wires? Maybe someone had an aftermarket tach or shift light installed.

Hey thanks for your reply I went ahead and made a profile.
And thanks I’ll be sure to check those out first now just new so didn’t know exactly how this all works
I see you have a 90! My favorite year but also the oddball for everything!

Check behind your intake manifold on the harness there is a pigtail for the noise filter. Sometimes the filter goes bad and it can not easily be replaced, however it’s possible to fix it with a jump wire.

Here is a link to a tech article on here with pictures and detailed instructions!

I have a feeling this will be part of your problem.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-to-fix-a-1990-dsm-tach.414636/

Will definitely try, thanks

For performance parts you’re looking at extreme psi.com, stm and MAPerformace as the big three and in that order.
As far as your tach, can you gets pics of dangling wires? Maybe someone had an aftermarket tach or shift light installed.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There’s this guy just dangling around and I’ve looked but couldn’t find where it goes unfortunately I can’t get any more pics for a while

That one can remain unplugged. It goes to your ac compressor if it’s still there iirc.

The one your after will be two wire. One will be perpendicular to the other. Your coolant reservoir has the same style pigtail for reference. (If stock of course)

That link I shared above does show images of it and you’ll see how he does the wire jumper turning one 90 degrees of the other

https://www.dsmtuners.com/attachments/1316451255557-jpg.453941/ (pigtail you are after)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back