1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

New to the Forum not new to DSM's

Posted by TalonWS6, Oct 21, 2019

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. TalonWS6

TalonWS6 Probationary Member

Joined Oct 20, 2019
    Atco, New Jersey
    I joined this forum to get back into the DSM world. I use to own 2 Eagle Talons 90 Turbo FWD and a 91 Turbo AWD. Ive been building LS engines and racing them since 2000 so im not looking to race a DSM I'm looking for a nice daily driver to have fun with. Finding a clean car that's not a million miles away from me is the issue. Im looking for an AWD G1 Talon or Eclipse 5 speed. Hopefully in the next few months i can find something im interested in.

Bhern89 likes this.
  2. tk106

tk106 Supporting Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Welcome.

https://autotempest.com is a good source to search. Now finding a clean one for a good price will be the hard part.

Good luck!

143  3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Classic
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

151  4

93 Civic 4 Door -sold-
    fwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 2K  6

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.625 @ 111.42 · 1G DSM
  3. TalonWS6

Joined Oct 20, 2019
    Atco, New Jersey
    Thank you for the info. That always seems to be an issue but if it's a clean car the price can be justified. I don't mind spending for something that is worth it to me.

4. CrackedDSM

CrackedDSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 17, 2009
    Oak Ridge, North Carolina
    Honestly, good luck. Clean, decently priced DSMs are like non-existent anymore, and the ones that are even semi-clean people want $7500-$10,000 for. Plus the market for these things are shrinking daily.

Not saying it's impossible, but good luck. For a fun quick daily I just ended up getting a newer car instead of paying $10,000 for something that's still modded and probably still abused. You'll get a warranty that way too.

/Cue the flaming.

69  3

2015 Ford Edge Sport

Street Build 4K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM
  5. tk106

tk106 Supporting Member

Joined Sep 11, 2017
    Cincinnati, Ohio

143  3

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Classic

151  4

93 Civic 4 Door -sold-
    fwd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 2K  6

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.625 @ 111.42 · 1G DSM
  6. TalonWS6

Joined Oct 20, 2019
    Atco, New Jersey
    Thanks for the replies guys it helps.
    My current daily is my 2019 GMC Denali 2500 Duramax surprisingly it gets great milage but i got it to tow my race car to distant tracks. I more want the fun of what i once had in my Talons but im in no rush to just buy what ever i find but be better prepared for when something comes up im interested in.

Your 100% correct the pool of clean cars is shrinking fast and a lot of undesirable cars are trying to sell for bigger dollars.

CrackedDSM likes this.
  7. CrackedDSM

CrackedDSM Proven Member

Joined Dec 17, 2009
    Oak Ridge, North Carolina
    Ah, understandable for sure. But, patience will definitely pay off. Every once in awhile you'll find a gem. That one TK posted looks great.

69  3

2015 Ford Edge Sport

Street Build 4K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    automatic · 2G DSM