1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

New to the dsm world

Posted by Steve92talon, Jul 3, 2019

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. Steve92talon

Steve92talon Proven Member

Joined Jul 3, 2019
    Fernie, BC, Canada
    Just picked up a 92 awd talon with the following upgrades .020 oversized forged pistons scat h beam rods arp head and main studs with . Mls headgasket.. egr delete. Counter balance shaft removed. Race head is blown up but the 400 plus lift cams are in the trunk of the car . act stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel hks fuel cut defender. Hks ss bov apexi avcr digital boost controller. It runs ok but after 8psi it starts bucking and cutting out like its fuel or spark cutting off. I know nothing about the fuel defender or the boost control computer. I picked it up for $600 it also has a pacesetter exhaust that's got a few cracks I gotta weld up.

2. Techn0Nut1996

Techn0Nut1996 Supporting Member

Joined Jan 20, 2017
    Ames, Iowa
    It's a hell of a worl, but it's a lot of fun! Good luck on the car!

770  3

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. Steve92talon

Joined Jul 3, 2019
    Fernie, BC, Canada
    Hoping to install a ecu masters computer or something similar for better tuning and data logging

4. steve

steve DSM Wiseman

Joined Feb 3, 2002
    St. Charles, Illinois
    I'd suggest DSMLink from ECMTuning.

3K  0

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. Steve92talon

Joined Jul 3, 2019
    Fernie, BC, Canada