The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New to the DSM world

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_greg21

Probationary Member
Jun 12, 2013
Temecula, California
Hey guys. My names Greg and I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My first car was a 98 Eclipse GS, which I sold soon after to buy a 97 GST :D
Unfortunately she is currently Non Op and still haven't had a chance to get her running. Anyways, here she is!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Greg, you've got a beauty! I have a buddy who had that exact car...'97 GST in that colour - you don't see too many of them.

Any plans for her? Why's she non-op?

She is currently non op right now because I bought her and the guy i bought her from said the car had bent valves. so we towed the car home, replaced the valves and all the other relative things in the head, put the head back on the block, and then started the car.

The car turned over twice and locked up ): We could no longer turn the car over by hand (I'm not sure what that process is called exactly) so my brother in law and I stayed up till about 2 am, tearing the engine apart and we soon found out the problem.

The bearings were shot, and the piston rod snapped and blew a hole through the bottom of the cylinder wall ): turns out the guy we bought the car from never really took care of the car, and the car never has seen an oil change. so the internals are being replaced as we speak.

BUT FORTUNATELY!!! we found a guy selling a 7 bolt block on craigslist for 40 bucks so we went to check that out. it was in better condition than we expected, and thankfully the guy knew a lot about DSM's and shared some good knowledge with us LOL.

The block is sitting in the shop right now, getting bored out .20 over. just want to get the car running right now. my future plans for the car is to swap in a 6 bolt, and upgrade to a 16g turbo. Still new to the DSM game but I'm trying to learn as much as i can! but yea, long story short, the guy we bought the car from didn't know as much as he said (said the car was a 6 bolt but turns out it is in fact a 7 bolt) and now we are fixing all the things that are wrong with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back