The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

New to the dsm world from PA

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlteredCustoms

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2009
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Hey everyone im from central PA and just picked up a 96 eclipse gst spyder and have no clue what im getting myself into LOL. I have a 2001 Lexus is300 95 Integra lsvtek... so im good in the toyota side of things and hondas are stupid proof i just ran into a wall with this eclipse. So I picked up the car with 95000 miles and the upgrades are or i was told 20g turbo, godspeed fmic, greddy bov, apexi safc. The car needs a new top, it makes a weird noise like something is jumping around in the exhaust. Its running around 14pounds of boost and 2nd gear is a bi*** to get into synchronizer i think.

But a couple ? whats the difference between the 20g and the 16g.
what the hell is the rattling noise that sounds like a rock in my exhaust it only does it when its at a idle and goes away at a rev.
And whats the best place to buy a top and is a bi*** to replace.
I paid 1800 for it did i get ripped of LOL.

Thanks for all the help so far i have been doing alot of research I looked up the balance shaft bearings but everyone says the noise is constant through the revs so i have no clue

whats the difference between the 20g and the 16g- a 20g is bigger. The compressor wheel is bigger.

-what the hell is the rattling noise that sounds like a rock in my exhaust it only does it when its at a idle and goes away at a rev- could be anything in the exhaust like a bolt someone accidently dropped in there. Just take it apart and look LOL. Thats what I would do.

-And whats the best place to buy a top and is a bi*** to replace- Any where you go it is going to be very expensive. They are a pain in the ass to replace LOL. Just check out the local shops, search online or you could do ebay LOL.

-You should deff do a balnace shaft elim. kit. Theyre not that expensive. You should save up the money and do the six bolt swap. The seven bolt rods are very thin and tend to break. It happened to me.

I live in Lancaster if you ever wanna meet up. My boyfriend has a 99 spyder converted to AWD.

And for the ripped off part.. it depends on what condish the car is actually in.

hey whats up yea i picked the car up today its spools hellish fast... Drove it about 10 minutes and the car smelled like it was over heating so i pulled over and the coolent lines were loose tightened them and drove it to my fiances mothers to get it looked at then i took it down the street and it started to run really weird when i stepped on the gas it wouldnt go and just smoked alot. and now long story short got it back to my place and it doesnt start smoked like a mofo once i got it home WTF

smokes because you need a new head maybe bad valves hard to tell when i cant see the car or you could have a bad turbo...i would replace the head while you have that off do your timing belt and check for stuff in your exhaust like stated above bolts and stuff

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back