The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

New to link v3lite I need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95DsManiac

Proven Member
Dec 5, 2012
Bay Point, California
Hi everyone I am fairly new to tuning. I just got dsmlink v3 lite. Was this a good investment?

Lucky for me I had an EPROM ecu and just had to get it socketed for the chip. All that is done and I'm having trouble with installing the wires that came with the kit. The clutch wires I believe. I know it comes with instructions but would rather follow someone's instructions step by step instead of the blunt instructions given on the piece of paper.

Also, once I get it up and going what do I do? I tried to put the disk it came with in my lap top and there is nothing really on it like the software I seen on my friends. Do I got to download some type of software off the site in order to tune with link? I'm sorry for all the newbie questions I just don't want to mess anything up. I want to get my car tuned to specs so I can drive it safely without having to worry about something going wrong for something I entered incorrectly on link.

What would be the first thing I do once I get in my car and plugged up to my lap top? I have all the things that will be on my car on my profile. I will list them so you don't have to go and check and come back
Car was bone stock when I got it at 134000

Mods as of today: some installed some not. Still building.
Stock block with 136000
Stock head
Stock intake manifold
3" cat back exhaust with 4" tip.
3" downpipe de cat
Ss custom 2.5" o2 housing, custom work to weld shut upper inlet in order to run external wastegate
3" turbo intake
Greddy Front mount Intercooler 2.5" piping
Greddy Blow Off Valve
Mitsubishi 20g turbocharger freshly rebuilt
Ss oil feed line
Walbro 255 in tank fuel pump with rewire kit
Precision Turbo & Engine 880cc Injectors
Freshly rebuilt head with less than 200 miles
Racing tubular racing exhaust Manifold custom work to run External Wastegate (38mm)
38mm External Wastegate
Manual Boost Controller
Glow Shift Boost and vac Gauge
Glow shift a/f ratio gauge
Aem Wideband Uego Gauge and Sensor
Oil pressure gauge
DsmLink v3Lite already installed in eprom ecu
Tokico blues and tokico red lowering springs

I really hope I am not asking to much in one post. I really just want to do it right the first time. Could anyone one just let me know the steps they would take link wise with the mods I have now? Like what would you do first then next and so on and so on?

Thank you all for helping me. I don't know how to thank you enough. I heard many good things about this site and the knowledge of the tuners on here. I hope I could come across a couple to help me get my car tuned right. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Was this a good investment?

Definitely :thumb:

I know it comes with instructions but would rather follow someone's instructions step by step instead of the blunt instructions given on the piece of paper.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...g/391091-ecmlink-nlts-wire-install-setup.html

Do I got to download some type of software off the site in order to tune with link?

Yes, you need to download and install the ecmlink application:
Downloads

What would be the first thing I do once I get in my car and plugged up to my lap top?
First thing you need to do is watch the demo videos:
ECMTuning Demo Videos

Then, learn how to search and use the ecmlink wiki. It's such an invaluable resource...
start [ECMTuning - wiki]

If you bought it straight from ECMLink you get access to their forums for great help as well. Link is possibly the best investment you will ever make on your DSM.

C2ypt1c: thanks for the advice that will be of great help for me. I'll be looking at those demos ASAP.

Destruckeclipse: yea I purchased it strait from the ecmtuning site. I'll go check that out as well. Thank you.

Louieawdtsi: that's good news your getting link. Which one are you going to get? Hopefully by the time you get yours I could be of some help and help you out. Add me as a friend and when you get yours pm me and hopefully I could help you out. It is cool when people recommend things to get for your dsm but it sucks when you get all this stuff and don't know how to install and or use it LOL. My car was bone stock when I purchased her at 134000 miles and now she reads 136000 and I got all the stuff listed in my profile within the last 4 months. I installed all the stuff myself and had trial and error with it all. Most didn't fit like it was suppose to and some did. It was always hit and miss. But yea add me and when you get your link pm me and hopefully I could be of some assistance. And yea you could use your Mac book with link. My friend uses his.

Cannot wait my full version should be here midweek. Let the fun begin

I don't have v3lite but I am very new to link as well and just from watching the demo videos and browsing the forums I've learned quite a bit, at least enough to get me started. Like others have said the wiki is awesome as well.

Louieawdtsi: that's good news your getting link. Which one are you going to get? Hopefully by the time you get yours I could be of some help and help you out. Add me as a friend and when you get yours pm me and hopefully I could help you out. It is cool when people recommend things to get for your dsm but it sucks when you get all this stuff and don't know how to install and or use it LOL. My car was bone stock when I purchased her at 134000 miles and now she reads 136000 and I got all the stuff listed in my profile within the last 4 months. I installed all the stuff myself and had trial and error with it all. Most didn't fit like it was suppose to and some did. It was always hit and miss. But yea add me and when you get your link pm me and hopefully I could be of some assistance. And yea you could use your Mac book with link. My friend uses his.

I am not sure what version I'm getting. I'll see how money is in a couple months. It's like an extra hundred and change for V3full vs. v3lite. I'm wondering...is it worth that extra 100 and change? I am looking for a fun street driven car (300-350hp range, not a 9 second track beast). My car has 91xxx miles and I am gathering parts right now for my set up and doing some routine maintenance. I have FMIC, s16g turbo, mbc, boost gauge, greddy type s bov, 3 inch intake(2g maf), full 3 inch exhaust. Not installed I have wideband o2 sensor/gauge, 95 eprom ecu, and on its way in the mail...1000cc ball-bearing PTE's, 190 pump, and rewire kit.:hellyeah:

Going to add you now, thanks! man!:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back