The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink new to link, how do these look?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexGsxCummins

Proven Member
May 31, 2014
Bremerton, Washington
okay these are my first logs i bought the car the way it sits i watched the ecmlink videos and i think everything is setup correctly so i did 1 idle log, one cruse log, and 2 pulls. he said its a evo safe tune, when i take off in 4th sometimes it feels like i hit fuel cut or it bogs down some, looking at the 2nd pull it looks like this evo 3 is maxing out the evo 8 injectors? im going to update my mods right after this post.

Attachments

• log.2017.03.16-01.elg
    21.4 KB · Views: 74
  • log.2017.03.16-02.elg
    54.1 KB · Views: 79
  • log.2017.03.16-03.elg
    50.7 KB · Views: 47
  • log.2017.03.16-06.elg
    29 KB · Views: 59
Your LTFT Lo is maxed out. You probably need to dial in your idle. Have you watched the videos?

You should wire your wideband into your ecu so you can log it. This will help you plot and dial in your WBfactor.

Well after only looking at your idle log (the first one), I can tell you that it is not tuned at all for those injectors. Your combine ft is almost 30 and your Ltft is at 12.5 and your Stft is at 16.8. All of those should be at 0 ideally or +/- 5%. The injector global setting is right sometimes the values varies from -18 to -20 depending what your Evo injectors like. Zero out your fuel adjustment table. Are you running a gm maf? Also, it shows that you are simulating narrowband with a wideband, but you're not logging it.

I have watched the videos 2 times, ill watch them again, ill see hoe to set up the wideband, i thought it was odd i couldnt find it in the values, also battery is not in the values either. Ill watch all the videos again because it will help. I was just posting so i could get an idea of what needs to be fixed so i can focus on that and learn how to tune that first

After u wired up yr wide band
I have watched the videos 2 times, ill watch them again, ill see hoe to set up the wideband, i thought it was odd i couldnt find it in the values, also battery is not in the values either. Ill watch all the videos again because it will help. I was just posting so i could get an idea of what needs to be fixed so i can focus on that and learn how to tune that first
u must tell the ecu were its at and then u have to tell it to log it. Its very simple. If u got it wired up go to pinouts tab select sensor pin save to ecu .now go to data log screen stop log right click to displayed values find yr wb then double click start new log and boom yr on yr way to tune your car. What maf are you on. I did not see yr log nor do i want to with out a wb on log

Thanks I read that link already and did everything besides compression test that's coming soon, so ill need to trace the wires and find where he tapped into right?

So i watched the videos again i think theres something wrong with my wideband. Its reading .20 and does not move, then if i give it any throttle at all it jumps to .80 for a second then drops back to .20 no other values just stright from .2 to .8, i have NGK AFX wideband, i see its hooked up to the front 02, thats where i told ecmlink its at

Last edited:
Okay so here is where im at, the current wideband appears to be in the front 02, wire harness then runs onto the car to the display, then runs into the ecu white REAR pin out. Theb i look at the rear 02, there's a sensor plugged into the pipe, then the harness is just ziptied out of the way not plugged into anything. Im assuming something here is setup wrong.
1). Any boost, vac, or exhaust leaks?
nope

2). Verified mechanical timing?
yes
3). Verified base timing?
yes
4). Ignition system
7's
Supposidly eco 8 coil
Msd 8.5mm

5). Motor health (Compression Test)
Need new gauge

6). Performed basic throttle body adjustments?
Idle Switch: good
Throttle Cable good
TPS: adjusted
BISS:

7). Compression ratio
Stock 2g
8). Any known bad sensors or brittle wiring?
no
9). Any DTC/CEL codes?
no
10). Electrical system
good
11). Base fuel pressure and injector values
Base Fuel Pressure:42.6
Injector Size (cc/min): evo9 550cc

12). Properly calibrated and configured wideband sensor
Sensor Brand:afx
Calibration Date: not sure

13). Type of fuel
Type:92 octane

14). Watched ECMlink how-to videos?
Yes

Last edited:
Adjust your TPS. You don't even have a WOT pull, because your TPS adjustment is all jacked up and you never get to WOT: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/adjust-your-tps.509898/

Also, stop adjusting fuel with the fuel tab in the ECU config. You should only use the fuel/timing tables in the ECU config for adding fuel or timing temporarily, for example, between pulls. Any changes made to either of these tabs should immediately be made permanently to the fuel/timing DA tables, and the ECU fuel/timing tables should be zeroed out.

I see you have made adjustments to the MAF Comp tab, but what are you making those adjustments based on? You're not logging a WBO2, so I assume you're using a WBO2 in the car? Basically, you won't be able to get any feedback here on whether your tune is on point without a logged WBO2...Which ultimately means we can't really help you with your tune.

Your DA fuel table is a complete train wreck. It's set way too rich. Get rid of that garbage. Download the fuel table from here and copy it to yours: http://www.dsmtuners.com/attachments/stiggity99directaccess-eda.303436/

To recap:
- Fix your TPS
- Wire in a WBO2 and start logging it
- Zero out your fuel tab in the ECU config
- Download the DA fuel table in the link I provided and copy it to yours

Once that's all done, upload another 3rd gear pull from ~2,500RPM to redline.

Okay, so ill start by saying this is how i bought the car, im not sure how anything was set. I fixed the tps it now reads 0% and 100%. My wideband is what im trying to fix right now. As i said above its plugged into the front 02, there is a rear 02 thats not plugged into anything. The wired front 02 runs into the afx, its the ran into the ecu rear 02 wire, is this incorrectly installed? I dif as the demo shows on setting up the wideband but mine is not functioning correctly in ecmlink. It reads .20 and if i move the trottle it goes stright to .80 then drops sight back down to .20. Im assuming something was installed incorrect. Should i completely start frest. I still should figure out the wb problem first i feel? So the yellow wire is running to the rear 02 ecu pin. The brown wire is running into a blackwire that may possibly just be grounded?

Last edited:
Personally, I'd ditch that AFX wideband and get something that's more compatible with ECMlink, like an LC1 or LC2.

I plan on it for sure, but on the plus side i got it working with it. And they are both accurate with each other tomorrow ill download the new fuel maps and upload the new 3rd pull

Last edited:
here @GST with PSI i believe i did all you asked for the 1st pull i got knock so i backed off, the 2nd one knocked for a split second and my engine light went back off so i did the pull

Attachments

• log.2017.03.20-02.elg
    63.9 KB · Views: 52
  • log.2017.03.20-04.elg
    90.8 KB · Views: 56
i believe i did all you asked for

If only...

You still need to adjust your TPS.

Also, you didn't even go WOT until 4k RPM, and as a result, I have very little usable data to use to give you feedback from. Again, 3rd gear pull from around 2.5-3k all the way to redline (7.5k in your case).

From what little data is there, your WBO2 seems to be tracking target AFR fairly well. But, the pull you uploaded shows only a small sample of the MAF's range, so it's hard to tell.

You loaded the fuel table I gave you into the wrong DA table. You copied it to the OpenLoopMinOct table. It needs to be copied to the OpenLoopMaxOct table. Set the OpenLoopMinOct back to stock. For the timing and fuel DA tables, you want to make changes to the MaxOct tables, as these will be the ones the ECU references the majority of the time in OL.

Lastly, why did you change your global fuel value from what it was in the last log?

Once again, to recap:
- Fix your TPS
- Copy the DA fuel table in the link I provided to the OpenLoopMaxOct table and set the OpenLoopMinOct back to stock.

Once that's all done, upload another 3rd gear pull from ~2,500RPM to redline.

Okay so i fixed the tables, so this is where im at i used the uploaded file copied the openloopmaxoct table to yours, tmngmaxoct to yours, is the openloopminoct on your file stock? due to my mistake. Also im a little confused on adjusting the throttle, what needs to be adjusted because with my foot off the throttle it reads 0% and full throttle it reads 100%? Okay so for now i set my openloopminoct back to what it was before i changed it, witch is diffrent then yours. Nee pull coming in

Last edited:
Yes, ECMlink will show 0% and 100% with the "Enable TPS adjustments" box checked, because ECMlink is compensating for a dicked up TPS. Uncheck that box and see what ECMlink reads...

The link I provided above literally tells you everything you need to know about the TPS adjust feature, to include a video that shows how to adjust it. Dude, I'm not putting these links in the thread for my sake, that's for certain. My time and patience is limited, so please, help me help you. If you didn't read the link, go ahead and do that now: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/adjust-your-tps.509898/

Stock maps can be found here: http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/v3configs

Alright, so i unchecked the box i was getting .59v i corrected it to .63v (if i let off the throttle slow it reads .65v not sure gow important that is) next i adjusted the linkage, so now with the box unchecked still it reads 0% to 96%, i watched the video a bunch and im not sure if this is acceptable or not. Full throttle it gets 4.82v

You should not be adjusting the linkage. You should be adjusting the sensor, just like the video shows.

You want to loosen the sensor bolts, and turn the TPS sensor until is just starts to read. You can do this by either looking at the voltage, or TPS %. Turn the sensor until it reads 1%, then back it off a hair and tighten the bolts. Once tight, snap the throttle open and closed a few times to ensure the sensor did't move. It's as simple as that. Obviously, ensure the "Enable TPS adjustments" box in NOT checked while you're making adjustments.

If you can't get the sensor to adjust properly using the method above, there's probably an issue with it.

I did the voltage method on ecmlink as the video showed, the video then shows how to adjust the linkage after so I just went ahead and did that as well, but now ecmlink shows tps volts at .63v like in the video, and wot it shows 4.82v, according to the video that's acceptable I'm just concerned that ecmlink still shows 96% at wot.

Juse use the TPS simulation if you're having that hard of a time getting it adjusted. You've got an issue with either the throttle cable, or the TPS itself, though. The TPS Adjust feature is just a band aid for whatever the real problem is.

Your idle trims are ghastly bad. Your pull is ok but you are seeing knock. You also are super rich and your wideband is not agreeing with your estimated afr. You need to work on getting your "widebandfactor" to 0%. This will help your afr estimate and actual to line up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back