The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

New to Forums, But in heavy stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Symtecx2003

Probationary Member
Mar 27, 2007
Manchester, Kentucky
this saturday after i was asking around for a 420A i stumbled into a gold mine i found 6 420A's with the whole wiring harnesses, clusters, and standard trannys for a great cost a set, well i bought 4 of them because i know how hard it is to pass up that kind of deal. but my question is where can i get new intakes for them all i've used OBX before and would like to find somewhere to get them in bulk....

If your talking intake manifolds for the 420a, then stay away from OBX. No companies make good intakes for these motors, your best bet is sticking with OEM equipment. People can modify the originals for the best overall results.

If your talking intake manifolds for the 420a, then stay away from OBX. No companies make good intakes for these motors, your best bet is sticking with OEM equipment. People can modify the originals for the best overall results.

yea but if you dont feel like taking the time to port the OEM manifolds then im sure the OBX intakes will work better than unmodified stockers... and look better too :thumb: .

The stock IM has to be modified for gains, while the OBX IM has to be modified to even work. Either way you will be cutting metal, you just get to spend more money with the OBX.

Speaking of modifying the stock IM, has anyone tried to cut the runners down, and tig a bigger plenum on? Eh, im sure its been brought up before.

Speaking of modifying the stock IM, has anyone tried to cut the runners down, and tig a bigger plenum on? Eh, im sure its been brought up before.

I knife-edged my runner humps. Also gasket matched the plenum. I neglected to have the IM bored though. I am thinking of buying a spare to work on then swap out. If there were any quality IM's in aftermarket production; yielding worth-while gains, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Unfortunately the OBX doesn't have the best feedback around. I'd encourage anyone to attempt making one, though. :thumb:

The stock IM has to be modified for gains, while the OBX IM has to be modified to even work. Either way you will be cutting metal, you just get to spend more money with the OBX.

Not that I know of, but my company has an open contract to design a new two-piece cast unit. I just have to step up the design work and get the project moving.

I have the flanges in DWG AutoCAD files too... it'd be relatively easy to have them cut and then welded to a Magnus manifold or something.

I also just hosted a phenolic spacer group buy on 2GNT a while ago...

So far, extrude honing, porting and polishing, and now these intake manifold spacers are the only IM modifications I know of.

Yeah, I seen the thread on the phenolic spacer group buy you were doing on 2gnt a short while ago. Always I am interested, but for my stock engine, I could not justify jumping in on that. Definitely good to have them about, though.

I would be interested to see a new, 2gnt-owner designed, manifold available.

Maybe one of these days, should I ever become properly motivated, I would take a gander at the stock IM. I am curious if any unique (to us) modifications seem worth trying, with the tools available.

well I'm guessing your planning on using all four cars, but if your parting one of them out, I would like to get in on a 5spd tranny, if the price is right.

well I'm guessing your planning on using all four cars, but if your parting one of them out, I would like to get in on a 5spd tranny, if the price is right.

Yes, I am curious on what you plan on doing with all of these too. Let us know if you plan to part any out.

Otherwise, I would go with the stock manifolds.

venom makes a mnifod also
but
it is expensive
I have one though I like it very

I have been thinking about taking the lower half of our IM and welding some ITBS on top of the runners

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back