The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

New to forum: 99 Spyder n/t no power to anything

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim21899spyder

Probationary Member
Apr 7, 2020
Tower, Minnesota
I have a 1999 Spyder and I am having so many problems with it. I drove it home one day shut it off and now I have absolutely no power to anything in the vehicle. I know mechanics. But not wiring. So can someone point me to what I would look for how to get it to turn over? I don't have interior lights, or ignition, nothing no power to anything. I changed the starter. Thinking it was bad. Checked wiring. Changed the 100 amp fuse. And back up fuse. Maybe grounds but I put a new ground off the negative off the battery. Where is the ecu on this car? Sorry for so many questions I'm at my wit's end with this car

If you don't have a multimeter, I recommend getting or borrowing one and checking for voltage from the battery to the fuse box and down the line from there. Sounds like either a main fuse is popped or you have a dead battery. The ECU wouldn't cause you to have zero power anywhere.

I have a 1999 Spyder and I am having so many problems with it. I drove it home one day shut it off and now I have absolutely no power to anything in the vehicle. I know mechanics. But not wiring. So can someone point me to what I would look for how to get it to turn over? I don't have interior lights, or ignition, nothing no power to anything. I changed the starter. Thinking it was bad. Checked wiring. Changed the 100 amp fuse. And back up fuse. Maybe grounds but I put a new ground off the negative off the battery. Where is the ecu on this car? Sorry for so many questions I'm at my wit's end with this car

Like everyone is saying, using a multimeter will be the best way to find the issue. Check you battery and fuses. The main ground wire mounts above the starter. Mine tends to break alot so make sure that isn't fractured

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back