The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECUflash new To evoscan - need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorf

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2004
Chapel hill, North_Carolina
2g running a keydiver chip with 780 injectors, 2.3, 264/272 cams, 1g throttle body, and 20g at 20lbs. SAFCII for fine tuning

I know I am running rich, when I tromp on the gas I blow a large black cloud.
Jeff O suggested evoscan and getting fuel trims. In the spring before it got really hot, at full throttle I was running 11-11.2:1 on my wideband. Now that it hot it is more like 10.5:1

Got evoscan hooked up and logging but on a 2G it is my understanding there are only two fuel trims STFT and LTFT. On evoscan I see three trims low, mid, high - so what do I use?

Now the confusing part following "definitive piggyback tuning guide" and using ODBGauge, for fuel trims I get:
RPM 1000 - STFT - 0
RPM 2000- STFT - -4
RPM 3000 - STFT -10
RPM 4000 - STFT -16

With EvoScan I get:
fuel trim low 2.25
fuel trim mid 4.6
high is .1008

So what am I looking at and how do I fine tune my fuel trims with Evoscan?

in evoscan usually when you get a reading of .1008 that means that it isn't registering anything during the scan, or at least that has been my experience. it is kind of difficult to tune when you are using two different programs to log two different things, what i am seeing is your using OBDGuge to read your sort term fuel trims and EVOscan to log your long term fuel trims. try logging both the STFT and LTFT's with one program. that should make things less confusing and easier to explain.

Thanks Mike, I want to use evoscan exclusively. I posted both to show what I am looking at and why I am confused.

Using Evoscan - what should fuel trims look like and what is the best way to get them?
In Evoscan I see low, mid and high for fuel trims - how do I set it to read STFT and LTFT with a 1995 eprom ECU?

not sure entirely when using it in OBD2 mode, i use it with my EVO8 ecu so i can take advantage of MUT. but there should be an option for logging STFT. i will have to pull my laptop out and look, it has been a while since the last time i used it.

quick question. when you log with evoscan how are you logging? are you using OBDII, or DSM/3000gt?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back