The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

New to Dsmtuners

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DatMan

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2010
Flower Mound, Texas
Longtime lurker first time poster. I've got a 1998 Gsx with about 120k on it. Its was a one owner soccer mom car. Absolutely as mint as a 2g Eclipse can get. Eventual plans are a 2.3 stroker with a 60 trim turbo with 550hp goal. I plan on keeping everything stock/sleeper looking.

I am in the process of looking for some Evo X Gsr wheels to powder coat black. I am also in the process of getting a new clutch/flywheel put on.

This site has been a great resource and i'm just trying to get more active.

Dane

Attachments

• Random 001.jpg
    Random 001.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Random 002.jpg
    Random 002.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Random 003.jpg
    Random 003.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 39
Very nice find! I don't know how stock/sleeper looking you are going to be able to be with a 2.3 stroker and a 60 trim. 60 Trim is nice size and it's noticeable under the hood.
Congrats on the find and Welcome to conversation!

As far as keeping it stock/sleeper I am referring to seeing it on the road or with the hood down. Obviously those in the "know" will be able to hear the car and tell it's not stock. I don't want people knowing it's an all wheel drive or even turbo for that matter. Lot's of wannabe's around here and old dudes with Porches and Vettes that think they are too cool for school. That's my motivation.

I am planning on using an anodized black front mount inter cooler and piping. I'm also going to run 3" exhaust all the way back but with a modified stock style dual tip exhaust. Not a big fan of the CD sized exhaust tips.

I've removed the badging on the back except for the Eclipse lettering along the back tail light. I'll keep that otherwise everything else came off.

The interior of the car is nicer than the exterior and I'm going to avoid the pillar gauges and other "dead giveaways".

Thanks for the kind words everyone I'm sure I'll be posting a bunch now that I'm officially starting the process on this car.

Dane

You should make a build journal :thumb:
Are you going to be running pump or e85?

As far as sleepers go I think you've done all you can do by removing the badges on the hatch, I don't really think any of our cars appear to be sleepers no matter what you do or don't do to them but that being said thats a one of a kind find.

You should make a build journal :thumb:
Are you going to be running pump or e85?

E85 for sure.

As of now I plan on getting all of the supporting mods and running a Evo 3 16g until the setup is maxed out. Once that is maxed out then I'll do the motor and turbo swap and go from there.

As much as i'd like to go from 200hp to 600hp I want to experience the natural progression of things so to speak.

So for now the plan is Evo 3 16g and max it's potential then go big time.

I will do a build thread I don't know if I have the rights to post in other places yet.

awesome pick up man! it looks good :thumb: i dont the 2gb body style can pull off the sleeper look any longer though LOL now days a DSM sleeper has to be riced out or trashed, but who wants to do either?! hahaha

Any chance we can get a price of what u paid, I'm looking into a 2GA talon or 2GB, but Ive owned a 1G and a 2G so now i kinda wanna go in between, But if i can find a GSX decently priced thats modded or unmodified i would pop on it!

As much as i'd like to go from 200hp to 600hp I want to experience the natural progression of things so to speak.

I'm going to go from a 14b pushing a little over 300whp to a BW 258 that flows at about 52lbs a minutes on 1200s with e85 so I think I might be skipping that natural progression LOL.

E3s are great turbos though, you can be the breaks off of it and it will still run like a champ. Plus 400whp is very achievable if you plan on trying to max out that mitsu turbo.

Any chance we can get a price of what u paid, I'm looking into a 2GA talon or 2GB, but Ive owned a 1G and a 2G so now i kinda wanna go in between, But if i can find a GSX decently priced thats modded or unmodified i would pop on it!

I paid $6,000 for it. There were others out there cheaper but I was looking for something that was taken care of. I had trouble finding ones as nice as this one 10 years ago when they were everywhere so I jumped on it.

It also came with a sound system worth about $2k.

This is the car that was on carolina dsm correct?

Edit. It looks close but not it.
This one is 6k also
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ya i would had no problem paying 6k for that,
if u get a chance show us that sound system,

I'm guessing I'm gonna buy a unmodified cause just seems like a better way to go to me both the last 2 Ive had were unmodified at one time hehe :)

No I bought mine in Dallas. I couldn't pass the deal up. It also had a $500 car alarm/remote start/turbo timer system already built in. It's a 5 speed car so it's technically not supposed to have remote start but who's looking.

Whos Caring. :) im just sitting back and liking LOL, wanna sell it?

Not a chance. I had a GST when I was 19 and never had the money to do anything I wanted to do. When this popped up I couldn't pass up the chance to have another go at it.

Now that I'm 28(the 18th) and the wife is cool with me really doing it right I'm going to jump on it before my kids get older and need more of my time...and my money.

Sex...

I had the same issue. I had a 1g Talon Tsi and was broke. Now I just bought my 98 GSX and and ready to build it right now that I have money!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back