The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New to DSMTuners, South Suburbs 99 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi-PSI99GSX

Probationary Member
Jan 28, 2011
Peotone, Illinois
I just wanted to make a quick thread to introduce myself. My name is Tony, I have a 99 GSX with a FP Evo 3 16g, FMIC, WBO2, etc etc, I have a full mods list in my profile. It needs some TLC on it as the clear coat is peeling in some spots, but I'm having it painted in the spring. I have owned two Evo's before and I am not "new" to the 4g63. I hope to get out this spring to as many meets as possible. I have been a parts manager for about 4 years and also know how to do paint and bodywork, detailing and machine buffing, and of course I do all of my own wrenching. I'll get some pictures of the car posted up hopefully tomorrow. :thumb:

Thanks man, does anyone have any preference or experience with either the Brian Crower 272's, GSC S2's, or the HKS 272's? I'm going to order a set along with some new lifters and I would like to know of any feedback.

I have an Apex'i SAFC neo fuel management, 680cc injectors, walbro 255lph pump, and I plan on getting it fully tuned by AMS after the install. With a 16G turbo is a 272 maybe too big?

That's cool, I have about two weeks to decide before I order this stuff up. I'm hoping to get low 12's out of the car, it shouldn't be too hard to acheive.

I have Crower 272's and I have no complaints. They don't make as much power as the hks 272's they're more comparable to the hks 264's but I like them. They're fairly cheap and in my opinion a good cam for a 16g.

yo watsup man Im from the northside of the Chi. You know how to do a rebuild? I am looking to do one around summer time. This is y frist DSM and I love it. Lemme know man. We also have a thread calld Buffalo Wild Wings meet where we are going to meetup once the weather gets nice again.

yo watsup man Im from the northside of the Chi. You know how to do a rebuild? I am looking to do one around summer time. This is y frist DSM and I love it. Lemme know man. We also have a thread calld Buffalo Wild Wings meet where we are going to meetup once the weather gets nice again.

A rebuild will cost how ever cheep you are, cheep way is to have 1G rods with 2g or evo 8 piston heads. Also it depends if you want to do things right or not. All you have to do is look at the build entries and you will see how much is really in a build. I would like to go to a meet soon also.

A rebuild will cost how ever cheep you are, cheep way is to have 1G rods with 2g or evo 8 piston heads. Also it depends if you want to do things right or not. All you have to do is look at the build entries and you will see how much is really in a build. I would like to go to a meet soon also.

I dont mind buying the kit or what not, I just hate the idea of paying someone else to work on my car when I can do it :hellyeah:. I just have never done a complete rebuild b4 so I dont know what im doing EXACTLY.:aha: But with some guidance I can watch and do it and learn it so i can do it again. I found kits on Ebay for like 750 with the water and oil pump. about 800-900 with an upgraded HG and ARP headstuds. I will try to get a meet going in the spring however, ### most peeps put away their DSM for the winter (dont ask me why:ohdamn:). Lemme know man, Thanks

1. What are power goals?
2. Price range
3. I don't trust ebay products
I would PM a vendor and tell them your building a motor and they should be able to get some good prices going. I personally like STM and Punnishment Raceing.
4. Don't be a cheepass about it, its the internals so don't be affraid to spend the exta buck to do it right than be cheep and haveing to do it all over again. Buy some books on rebuilding engines and look though threds till your brain explodes than read some more!

Also my car is parked for the winter but I could take her out for a meet, I just need to do a few little things
(lifters, crank pullie, replace alternator belt, change oil, couple odds and ends)

1. What are power goals?
2. Price range
3. I don't trust ebay products
I would PM a vendor and tell them your building a motor and they should be able to get some good prices going. I personally like STM and Punnishment Raceing.
4. Don't be a cheepass about it, its the internals so don't be affraid to spend the exta buck to do it right than be cheep and haveing to do it all over again. Buy some books on rebuilding engines and look though threds till your brain explodes than read some more!

Also my car is parked for the winter but I could take her out for a meet, I just need to do a few little things
(lifters, crank pullie, replace alternator belt, change oil, couple odds and ends)

We the ebay vendor in am looking at sells topline products. Those are decent ive read. I just would like to have a reliable car and slowly build it up piece by piece.

If your car is running and not needing a rebuild than why do it? if your going to slowly build it I would just keep using the stock motor untill I need a complete build.

Than buy a bare block and start from there, no sence taking your car out of commision. Also you can have an extra motor just incase your build gets a bown hg or something. That's what I'm going to do after I join the Marines.

pretty smart idea man, I like. So buy a bare head and block then?

Yes, get a 6 bolt or 92-94 7 bolt or 98-99 block, geat blocks to build off of. 95-97 are the ones people were having problems with.

2g head is the one you want to go with, yes the holes are smaller but the 2g head has volosity and you can run a smaller turbo and get the same hp as a person running a 1g head. You can pm text me what ever dude.

Yes, get a 6 bolt or 92-94 7 bolt or 98-99 block, geat blocks to build off of. 95-97 are the ones people were having problems with.

2g head is the one you want to go with, yes the holes are smaller but the 2g head has volosity and you can run a smaller turbo and get the same hp as a person running a 1g head. You can pm text me what ever dude.

for sheez. Im liking the DSM brother hood LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back