The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

New to DSM's but Not Cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

417EricM

Probationary Member
Feb 13, 2014
Springfield, Missouri
Hey everyone. Just picked up a completely stock 97' GST today with 160k miles. Exterior of the car is very nice, and the previous owner kept up on the maintenance! I'm pretty excited about this, as it's going to serve as daily duties so my 14' 5.0 can keep the miles off.

I plan to acquire DSMLink, Injectors, Pump, Wideband, and basic bolt ons in the next month. We have an abundance of E85 in the area so I'll be toying around with tuning it myself. I have a little experience with hondata on my old Si's, but I've never tuned a turbo car. So I'll be asking plenty of questions.

Anyways, thanks for having such a large source of information available here! Feel free to criticize my plan or help me change my goals! I want 250whp on E85 haha.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm looking forward to modding! :)

250hp on e85... That's easy! Maintenance first then as you stated get bigger injectors 1050cc or more FPR, fuel pump. It would be a good idea to upgrade the fuel filter as well. A 2.5" exhaust and a boost controller should do the trick yes on a stock turbo and stock intercooler. Oh and don't forget dsmlink! Good luck man that's a good looking car and welcome!

250hp on e85... That's easy! Maintenance first then as you stated get bigger injectors 1050cc or more FPR, fuel pump. It would be a good idea to upgrade the fuel filter as well. A 2.5" exhaust and a boost controller should do the trick yes on a stock turbo and stock intercooler. Oh and don't forget dsmlink! Good luck man that's a good looking car and welcome!

I was planning on getting a PR FMIC Kit, so I'm ditching the stock IC. I think it would be a fun car to drive around everyday and be reliable. Plus I love E85, and it's everywhere here. It just makes sense!

Anyways, I'll be searching the classifieds for a few days. I'm hoping to find someone selling an ECU with Link V3 in it already.

Welcome, man. Your goals are easily achievable so happy modding! Always stay open to learning.

So far so good! I've been working on making the car nicer right now. The carpet is currently out of it, and being dyed. I've replaced the clutch master cylinder, spark plugs, checked compression, and changed the oil so far. I'm thinking it probably needs the trans fluid changed since it's a bit noisy under decel.

I went ahead and ordered an Autometer boost/vac gauge, Innovate LC-1 wideband and gauge cluster pod surround, filter with MAF adapter, and NXS MBC.

Still looking for a good deal on a V3 link setup. I'm hoping I can get it done for around $500.

Sounds like your on the right track.

Clean looking car.

If you can find dsmlink V2 for cheap you can get it upgraded for less than buying V3 straight up.
The classifieds here is a good place to look except for your post counts. You could post up a WTB ad in your regional area though.

So I got a pretty good deal on a good 14B turbo, it's on the way. I figured it would be easier to hit my goals or more with it.

My question now is what should I order so this will be a direct bolt-on? I was trying to avoid doing a turbo swap because I'm so lazy, so I'm trying to make it easy on myself.

Will this kit be any good? Turbo Install Kit 4G63T DSM 1g 2G Eclipse w Mitsubishi TD05H 14B 16g 18g 20g | eBay

I'm going to order a cheap IC kit too at the same time, so I shouldn't need to find a J/L pipe for the smic.

So I got a pretty good deal on a good 14B turbo, it's on the way. I figured it would be easier to hit my goals or more with it.

My question now is what should I order so this will be a direct bolt-on? I was trying to avoid doing a turbo swap because I'm so lazy, so I'm trying to make it easy on myself.

Will this kit be any good? Turbo Install Kit 4G63T DSM 1g 2G Eclipse w Mitsubishi TD05H 14B 16g 18g 20g | eBay

I'm going to order a cheap IC kit too at the same time, so I shouldn't need to find a J/L pipe for the smic.

You will need a J pipe for the 14b to install properly.

I know, the IC kit I'm buying comes with one. I was wondering if that install kit will have everything I need to bolt up?

I know, the IC kit I'm buying comes with one. I was wondering if that install kit will have everything I need to bolt up?

Will it work? yes it will fit and work

Is it a quality piece? I dont think so. I wouldn't trust a critical part of my turbo system to replicas.

Although I have never used it, kinugawa parts have been review here, and the results are mostly negative.

I would contact one of our supporting vendors for the parts you need, STM, MAPerformance, Extremepsi, the list goes on:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/vendors

Remember: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back