The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New to DSMs and need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordon Langley

Probationary Member
Apr 3, 2019
Victorville, California
Hey everyone I just recently bought and fell in love with my 1998 Mitsubishi eclipse GS and am gonna start a daily driven build. Nothing too crazy but I wanna spruce it up..

First things first all the interior minus the dash needs to be replaced. Wheres the best place to go for all that?

I would start looking at the junk yards in your area. I just replaced the entire interior for mine over the coarse of 3 months of junk yard diving.

Most interior parts have been discontinued from Mitsubishi, Miller Imports, or one of the other Dsm boneyards will have plenty of interior parts if your local yard dont have what you need, remember also that the Dodge Avenger shares alot of interior parts with the 2g Dsm.

scrapyard parts are even scarce now adays
also try to find someone selling a scrapped dsm either talon or eclipse and pick up the whole car for cheap
the more spare parts the better

That's what I did whole gst for 400 everything but the dash
Awesome
Happy for you!
I’m constantly in search for a donor car
Always good to have every panel, connector, screw, glass, etc in duplicate!

Welcome! Glad were getting new people. First thing I would do would be to turbo it with like a 14b or 16g. Something small to make it fun but not break stuff. You wont make much more power with an n/a motor. Good luck!

Welcome! Glad were getting new people. First thing I would do would be to turbo it with like a 14b or 16g. Something small to make it fun but not break stuff. You wont make much more power with an n/a motor. Good luck!
So I actually got in touch with the owner 3rd owner. Apparently I'm the 5th now. And he said it has a 14b I checked out the serial number on it and it confirms . my donor car that I bought has a big 16g so I'll be swapping it out soon along with a FMIC

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back