The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New to dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pvauto

Proven Member
Sep 25, 2021
Campo, California
So I'm a current subie owner but really leaning to selling it and going dsm. I joined here to kinda lurk around and gather info on what model etc to look into.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks for the reply. Are there certain years and models to look for or stay away from? Which ones have the stronger motors? It's been difficult to find something good and not beat to the ground

Thanks for the reply. Are there certain years and models to look for or stay away from? Which ones have the stronger motors? It's been difficult to find something good and not beat to the ground
Are you looking for 1g or 2g? The 1990 being the first year has several things about it that differs from 91-94 so that can potentially cause parts issues. In 92.5 the engines changed from 6 bolt crank shaft to 7 bolts, and in 2g’s 7 bolts, crank walk was a big scare and lots of people swapped 1g 6 bolt blocks into their cars. These days, 7 bolts seem to have more parts availability so that’s something to think about. That should get you started with things to research on this site.

Thanks for the heads up. Il keep researching. I found a few kinda far away but man prices have gone way up last I looked

Thanks for the heads up. Il keep researching. I found a few kinda far away but man prices have gone way up last I looked
Its the economy. The cost of ANY pre-owned or used private sale car is insane. Its like the house market. You can still get deals...but they are far and few. We here are pretty knowledgeable with DSMs so it would probably be best to find something, post it here and get our opinions on what you find. The hard part is going to be finding one that hasn't been passed around like crazy and hacked to hell. If its a decent starting point and project and you don't mind that stuff..sure. But if youre new, it will turn into a HEADACHE fast.

I'm decent with a wrench but I'm no means a guru with these cars. I also ain't looking to inherit a basket case either. Dsm and evo both are crazy priced right now. But at the same time I can sell the subie for decent amount as well.

I'm decent with a wrench but I'm no means a guru with these cars. I also ain't looking to inherit a basket case either. Dsm and evo both are crazy priced right now. But at the same time I can sell the subie for decent amount as well.
We'd want you to have a good experience, not a nightmare LOL Ask away in here. We will give you honest answers.

Not sure your mechanical skills but having some decent amount of automotive ability will save you alot of money, getting a DSM in shape at a shop would be substantial. Eventually i will own both generations, I am struggling to find a 1g thats worth it. In my opinion when treated well and maintained both generations are awesome cars. Get ready for a whole load of maintenance. Cool thing is once you start building these suckers can lay down some serious power. And they can get by on stock internals upwards of 300whp. Not sure how high would be risky but they are pretty solid internals.

I'm actually a tech/smog tech but I'm always learning never saying I know everything. I built many cars and trucks but never dsm. That's another reason why I want a dsm. There's so much I can learn and all new excitement

What's your take on a 91 Lancer gsr? Has ecmlink and 68hta turbo. Guys willing to trade and throw cash in top for my subie

I spray painted the intercooler with the initials of the shop. Then used a app to make it look see through

What's your take on a 91 Lancer gsr? Has ecmlink and 68hta turbo. Guys willing to trade and throw cash in top for my subie
That sounds like itll be a fun car. Anymore details?

I'm really considering it. Just need wife's approval!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back