The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New to Dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2017JWGODINES

Probationary Member
Nov 8, 2013
Muncie, Indiana
Hey guys just wanted to say I'm new to new here, and well I guess I'm new to dsm or even turbo cars at all. I'm 20 and owned quite a few different cars but never a turbo'd car. I've had a few problems with my car as to be expected when you only spend 2k on a 95 talon tsi awd 5 speed. Most of them I've know or been able to figure out the problem too. Except one, when ever I am shifting it goes fine through every gear except 3rd. For this gear you have to shift hard weather it be down or upshifting. And it also doesn't matter weather you are accelerating, or decelerating. My first thoughts we're the shift solenoid except this is having the opposite symptoms of that.

If it's a 5 speed it doesn't have shift solenoids.
It has synchronizers on the speed gears.
Make sure your clutch is releasing properly & completely first, then check shift cable bushings & linkage is not falling apart.
If all that checks out then you may possibly be looking at an internal trans issue.
Like synchro rings, syncrho hubs & speed gears themselfs.
They all mesh together upon a shift to lock the hub to the speed gear. When problems occur all are subject to damage.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back