The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

new to dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesnail

Probationary Member
Mar 24, 2011
southampton, New_Jersey
I got this 1990 gsx and I dont know much about dsms I took some pictures there are some mods i am no sure if the turbo is stock so I took some pictures and was hoping you could tell me what mods have been made. It also has precision fuel injectors that say 1780 wha is that?

Last edited:
Is it my phone or can I only see the pictures of the improved intake??

BTW, not recirculating your BOV on a stock maf makes the car run like crap.
But then again, I don't see a stock maf nor a GM maf on those two pictures??

BTW, not recirculating your intake on a stock maf makes the car run like crap.

I'm on my computer and I can only see the improved intake pictures also.

BTW, not recirculating your intake on a stock maf makes the car run like crap.

He has no MAF, he has a AEM EMS which will allow for BOV venting to atmosphere.

I cannot see the pictures either

whats wrong with the bov?

Like stated above. From the factory, the BOV is recirculated and sends the unused air back into the turbo system. The stock ECU accounts for this, but when you vent to the atmosphere the ECU doesn't pick up on this and the vehicle won't run correctly.

In your case, you have an after market EMS, so as long as it is setup correctly to account for the venting of excess air, the above stated explanation won't matter. Only a logger will tell you for sure though.

However, I was just referring to the car having that cheesy "pssshhhh" sound every time you lift off the throttle ;)
It's not my cup of tea, but it's also not my car.

You can here the pssshhhh everytime you let off the throttle even on recuirculated bov..It's not as loud by any means as the vented bov, but you get the point..

I also can only see the updated intake pipe pictures..Maybe they were taken down..

Also the turbo does look to be a 20g..But take a closer look at it and make sure it doesn't say "turbocharger" on it...

Also the turbo does look to be a 20g..But take a closer look at it and make sure it doesn't say "turbocharger" on it...

Lol isn't it funny how eBay turbos do that? Wow Captain Obvious!!

I haven't been on here very much didn't really have much money to work on the car so i kind of fell off it :(, but Ive recently starting working on it again :) I just replaced the stock pistons, rods n bearings, got a brand new stock head for it cleaned everything up and this is what I got

Attachments

• 392655_237309616331802_100001582968315_678570_1325143870_n.jpg
    392655_237309616331802_100001582968315_678570_1325143870_n.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 51
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back