The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

new to dsm need guidance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtstarr01

Probationary Member
Apr 5, 2015
new berlin, Wisconsin
Alright so I'm new to dsm.. Not a total noob to the car world but enough to where I have questions I cannot answer myself.. I just bought a 1995 eclipse gst. The only problems I am running into are a high idle after drivING for a while and/or turning on and off (running erronds)(stopING and going freaquintly). I also have a few conce runs while looking for any type of vacuum leak I noticed the person before me installed a short ram air intake to the turbo. Left the original air filte. But there are two lines that lead to what looks to be a sensor that are not connected..would those cause a idle problem. I've tried looking for answers everywhere and cannot seem to find any original diagram or answer I am looking for. Another issue I am haVing is a overheat problem. I already know the main cause which was a broken fan
.that has been ordered and should be here within the next two days. My only concern is that I did notice while doing a oil change that two hoses in the general area of the oil filter seemed to be expanding as if under a lot of pressure. Could that be a thermostat issue or just a old hose issue? I do know the car sat For about two years before I bought it so I expected issues 8m just jot familiar and a little cautious with this type of engine/setup.. any advice would be helpful

Is this the boost source?

Attachments

• PART_1428456824577_20150407_203251.jpg
    PART_1428456824577_20150407_203251.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 63
The only thing I've seen hooked up to anything is the wastegate hooked up to the intercooler pipe

The boost source will be directly under where the air intake piping attaches to the turbo. It will be sticking out and facing parallel (going the same direction) with the turbo intake port. If you take out the air intake you can see it easily, otherwise you will have to reach under and feel. It may be set a little bit back from the turbo opening but its there. It is part of the turbo housing so you can't miss it.

In looking closer at the picture, that does not look like the stock T25 turbo. That turbo has the outlet on the top and a J pipe on it. Can't see any markings though so someone who knows the turbos better than me can tell you. This also means your boost source might be in a different place.

Basically on my car there is the j pipe then goes down into another pipe connected to it and the nipple is there but only connected from there to the wastegate. Make sense?

T-25 is stock turbo and 14b/16g can make more power than the stock t-25 all you have to do is look at the diagram. That nipple that you found aka the hose that gose to your waist gate cut it and buy a splinter type thing for the hose and hook it to the bottom line on the boost solinoid and your all set

And hook the top line up right after my mass air flow sensor on the short ram? Just curious because If it does need to hook up to that I will have to modify it a little bit just because there is no nipple like there should be from others I have seen.

You can just leave it the way it is as an option. You will be running on wastegate pressure. You can use an mbc and not have to worry about going to the intake. I would leave it and get a boost gauge to see what's going on. I would then consider wideband before anything else. If you have a non stock turbo you may also have non stock fuel injectors.

Alright I've got a buddy who knows a lot more about dsm than I do so I'm going to try and see if he will take a look at things this weekend with me..just need to figure out what's going on with the high idle issue Its gonna end up ruining my tranny at some point..I'm hoping that it's just cause by something not hooked up correctly because from what I've seen on here it could be a million things

Read iloveboost post 23 again. As he suggests, I suspect your stock boost control solenoid is disconnected (hoses hanging there) because you have an aftermarket boost controller. Check if so - the way he states.

There is no manual or any other sort of boost control that I can find anywhere I've looked..and I've been looking for a boost controller and Guage but I am trying to find something that will be accurate that isn't real expensive.

oh and the turbo is a 14g I would assume it's not 16 but I did see tdho5 on the side of it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back