The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New to dsm looking for ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenizzle36

Probationary Member
Mar 18, 2010
black creek, Wisconsin
Hey I have a 1995 hyundai elantra that Ive now realized is a dsm. I used to run hondas a lot. Kinda slowed down now that I have a kid but i want to get some ideas on what i could do to this pooch to get it moving faster. I want to turn it into a sleeper somewhat. Just hit me up with some ideas of what i could do or what you have done would really appreciate it.

Also anything cosmetic to make it look a little better. things like clear corners and tailights would be great i cant seem to find anything.

The Elantra isn't really a DSM. It may carry the same motor, but it's not part of the DSM family. More like a cousin.

Kinda like How the Viper and the Dodge Ram have the same V10. :D
Or the Ford Lightning has the Ford GT motor. :D

Hyundai Elantras may have a Mitsubishi engine, the 4G64, but that does not make them DSMs. DSMs are made by Diamond Star Motors as the acronym implies. They include the 1990-94 Plymouth Lasers, 1990-99 Eclipses and Talons and a few Galant VR4s. Even the Mitsubishi Evos, which have the same 4G63 engines, aren't DSMs because they were not made by Diamond Star Motors.

I'm just curious. Would a turbo 4g63 drop right into one of these cars?
I'm wondering if you could just take a turbo donor car and put in the engine/ecu and all.

It'd make a fun easy sleeper if so

Ive seen on other sites and now heard that the first gen eclipse/talon motor will go right into this car.

Actually most of you are wrong. They were made by Diamond Star Motors, just like 1g's, 2g's, Avengers, Sebrings. They carry the DSM badge under the hood.

I don't know what L2wiki means. I looked at the site though, I've linked to that same site on other threads. This is what it says:

Initially, three models were produced at this facility. The Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser and Eagle Talon were smaller 2+2 sports cars on a new co-designed platform. Models subsequently produced during the next decade included the Mitsubishi Mirage/Eagle Summit, the Mitsubishi Galant, the Dodge Avenger/Chrysler Sebring, and the Dodge Stratus/Chrysler Cirrus.[8]

I don't see Hyundai Elantra. I'm not saying that it wasn't, I just want to see proof.

Some people don't consider the Avengers, Sebrings, etc. DSM's. Technically, the only cars produced by Diamond Star Motors were the 1g Lasers, Talons, and Eclipses since the partnership ended in '93. 2g's are usually only considered DSM's because they are directly descended from the 1g's and plans for the '95 model year were made before the split. The reason Avengers and such are considered DSM's by some is because they were made in the same factory as 2g's which was formerly the production site of DSM's, but since the 2g's being called DSM's is a slight stretch, I don't really consider a Sebring or Avenger a DSM.

I actually quoted wrong. 2g's don't have the DSM sticker under the hood. The rest do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back