The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

new to dsm looking for help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjhayes89

Probationary Member
May 31, 2011
scott afb, Illinois
im new to dsm's and new to scott afb, il. im in the process of rebuilding my car i just bought. 97 gst with spun bearing. anybody know any good machine shops to use to machine my crank. also i plan on staying stock for a while any help will be appreciated

yeah i found one place but evrytime i call its after hours. bought the car with a rod knock( per previous owner) so looking to rebuild. started tearing into it today got most of the intake piping off. going to go at the head when i get ahold of some pb blaster. so excited to start this journey. list so far im going to use

acl bearings
bse kit
oem headgasket
gates timing belt
arp rod, main, head bolts
machine crank and block
water pump
oil pump
all new gaskets
all new fluids

anything else you all can think of

Have you checked out the auto craft shop on base??? Great bunch of guys that will help you with the rebuild. Pretty sure they have a machine to polish the crank up.

Think the charge is $6 an hour for the bay, they provide a tool box full of metrics.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back