The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New to DSM Community

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brando152

Probationary Member
Dec 28, 2019
New Orleans, Louisiana
Well, I have yet to purchase the 98 Eclipse GS-T but am very eager to do so. Just need to know if it may be the right buy. Was hoping to maybe get some feedback, unfortunately this is the only photo I have for it. Is there anything I need to specifically look out for. It did well for its compression test and haven't noticed any leaks. I havent felt ticking or knocking on the test drive and didn't stutter on start up or going into boost. The owner also stated in the ad for upgrades it has "a 1g BOV, DSM link, some upgrades to the internals. Full catback exhaust, 16g turbo with external wastegate- I just replaced the wires and spark plugs along with a new alternator with a lifetime warranty". What scares me is he also stated it was a rebuilt motor with 192k miles on body and 'about' 70k on motor. He did state that it started to stutter when it hit below 30° outside for him and said it hasn't happened again since it got that cold. Let me know what I need to watch, look, listen for. I really want this to work out and cant wait to possibly be an active member in this Community. Thanks for any future advise or help!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Looks like it has some tasteful mods. What price? You'll probably have to redo wheel bearings, chassis bushings and such with that many miles.

Looks like it has some tasteful mods. What price? You'll probably have to redo wheel bearings, chassis bushings and such with that many miles.
He wants 4k for it. What's sad is that he doesn't know what's going on suspension wise also even though it's obviously been lowered. I'm hoping to get it for about 3k

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back