The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New to area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cleaver253

Probationary Member
May 20, 2012
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
i just moved here a recently. i havent seen too many dsms. ive seen a few 1gs but sadly nothing else. i was wondering if there is a decent amount down here. i woud love to meet some people.
btw i have a black 99 gsx i converted to a 2gb talon. black on black for now in case you see me driving around! thanks guys

Hey how is it going? I think I ran into you over on pomade and eubank. I was in a red car and I asked you if you knew where to find a 1g head... no body from alb ever posts on here and I don't know why. But there is quite a few 2g's also but I hardly ever see them. My talon should be up and running within the next couple of weeks so maybe we can get together and go on a hunt for a dsm club or something LOL.

Oops I meant lomas and eubank

YEAH!! thats right, alright man that sounds good, are there any meets that happen... ever? LOL i was hoping theres meets at the track or something. did you pick up a head? i know its kinda a distance but i know a guy in washington that sells parts out of his shop. its Boss Innovations. (on fb) he does a lot of work on 1gs if your needing anything. what all do you have left to do on your 1g? oh btw alternator went out, so the car isnt driving right now. :'(

I haven't really looked up any meets since my car is running. But as soon as I get it going I plan on looking into it... yeah I bought a rebuilt 2g head with the head bolt holes already bored for a 1g. All I need now is the water pump, belts and all gaskets except the head gasket. And maybe a new tensioner just to be safe. But I hope that's all it needs. Its been sitting for about 4 months. Does your buddy have performance parts like a fmic or came?

I meant fmic or cams. Man that sucks. When are you gonna replace it?

as soon as possible, getting one shipped from washington, and want to find a good shop that will do it quick without charging much, ive never done it before and dont want to screw up. he might have some if you want to look him up i know he does work on a lot of dsm's upgrading stuff so he probably has some, or could get some for a good price.

do you know any other dsms in the area?

Yeah a buddy of mine that is helping me with my talon but he got rid of his. I haven't driven the car since I got it. Bought it with a blown head gasket and ran into trouble with the head. So I'm pretty excited to get it going. But that's why I haven't really tried getting in touch with any fellow dsm'ers. There is a green 2g I see once in awhile going up whyoming. Looks nice but he is missing the front bumper last time I seen him. Probably took it off ### of the massive front mount he had. I tried to catch him but you seen the little car I was in LOL. And there is a decent red 1g I seen a couple times around central and eubank. I talked to him about a head before but that's it. I will ask my friend what he will charge to do the alternator.

Wud up I live in Albuquerque my car is down (4 years), finally got it to my house.and in more then one peice at the moment, I know that there is a club here it's called abq-dsm which I am not a part of, but if you guys wanna talk dsm's I'm in, and could use some help if your willing and or could offer my help, just hit me back

sounds good man, thanks. i have heard about alb-dsm and tried to get on the website but it wasnt letting me LOL, do they host any meets? im used to going to meets a couple times a month so it was a huge shock to get here and not have anything happen haha

Yeah not much on the site that I've seen, I'm really busy at work at the moment but I go on vacation on the 6th for two weeks I would like to check out your cars and or you could see mine but it's in the garage so you could stop by if you would like so anytime after the 6th would work just let me know

Yeah for sure. Mine is down also. But hopefully it will be ready by then. I need to put the head, water pump and belt's on but the Guy that was helping me hasn't got back to me about when he will be available. I don't know how to set up the timing and all that. So I'm kinda SOL right now.

Just read your manual and tripple check those timing mark cause if not the you will really be sol, so who built your motor?

Well I hope you got a good deal because they really are not cheap to keep them running tip top all the time

Well actually I think I got burned. But its my own fault I didn't research it before I bought it plus I was just to determined to get my first dsm so I didn't care if I had to work on it. $2k with a blown head gasket. Come to find out the valves weren't seating right and the head was slightly warped and already below spec so the machine shop said it was junk. But the reason why I say I got burned was because if the Guy is so mechanically incline that he can rebuild the motor himself, then he knew it was more than a head gasket.

Well bad things come to all of us, just learn from mistakes that's how life works, let's just hope your bottom end is good (no ####). Just get a good head on it and go from there.

sounds good man, thanks. i have heard about alb-dsm and tried to get on the website but it wasnt letting me LOL, do they host any meets? im used to going to meets a couple times a month so it was a huge shock to get here and not have anything happen haha

Hey what's up bro. I checked out that clubs website a couple weeks ago and nothing was updated except mods to members cars. But yeah definitely man we all need to get together.
The abq-dsm.com site recently changed the registration process due to mucho auto-spamming. Contact the admins via the instructions.

Definitely worth it, great group of DSM folks there for both parts and tech/wrenching.

looks like we are all in the same boat LOL mines down for alternator should be up on monday tho :) i really hope so. you know dsm and how they love running LOL
If you haven't already replaced the alternator I HIGHLY suggest The Start Shop on Carlisle near Gibson for a rebuild. They use quality Bosch replacement parts unlike the Chinabay crap from the major parts establishments. Lifetime warranty too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back