The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

New to area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzydoodle

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 12, 2007
Millwood, Washington
Hey I just moved to california from washington, looking for people to hang out with. I'm in san carlos area but live in newark. Just tore my car down for a upper rad. support, new bumper, and hood. Just wondering if there is anyone real close that wants to hook up to bullshit, or drive around. Also if anyone knows of a 2gb talon bumper in this area, hit me up! I been looking for one everywhere since I have mine off I might as well. Well thanks for reading this, if there is anyone close that wants to kick it hit me up.

:talon:

Welcome to the Bay Area, you should check out the thread about the Beach meet coming up...

Jerry

Thats weak, whats the point of having a regional club if your not gonna hang out with anyone else? Well anyway I dont mind meeting new ppl especially when their into the same things as me, hence this site. I did see the beach meet, but I dont think I can make it because were having the grand opening for Les Schwab so eh, sucks but I would love to come! I just pulled the black stallion apart to replace a upper radiator support so its all ghetto, kryloned the front bumper and hood...LOL. So I would feel like shit going to a meet. Does anyone know anything about a 2gb bumper? Well, maybe someone should try setting up a meet for another time other than the once...? I know I seen a couple 2g eclipse's over in newark on the block i'm at, never really see em move though, LOL. Typical dsm deal I guess, LOL. Sorry for the novel..I realize the bay are stretches a ways, but anyone close to me?

Sorry SilverBullit, didn't read before I asked that last question, LOL. Hey but one thing I was thinking of doing and your car reminded me, what do you guys think of a 2g highrise eclipse spoiler on my Tsi? Getting bored of that talon one, or has anyone seen that? Thought it might be somewhat original.

The problem with organizing meets is that Cali is so damn big. I could drive 8 hours and still not be at a members house. For half of the meets here I would need to drive a couple hours at least.

As for the high rise spoiler on the talon, I dont like it. Especially on a 2ga talon. There are pictures in the gallery, but if you cant find any Im sure I have some in my folder.

Welcome to cali, enjoy the smog nazi's.

Yeah, agreed on the meet thing.
I'd have to drive hella miles to get to the west bay, do the meet thing, and then turn around and head home.
Last meet that I remember was on a Sunday, and that's just not happening when I have to wake up at 4:30am.

Keep an eye out for a BOTI thread.
This August will be the Battle of the Imports at Sacramento Raceway.
If you know who Evil Eagle is, then you'll know you'll need to be there to watch him rip 8's this season.
There's a pretty large group of us that go to watch him tear up Supra's....

Check out the Infineon Raceway thread, some of us go out Wednesday nights to hang out or race several times a year. The same thing applies to the Sacramento Raceway thread, they also have Wed night racing plus some Friday test-n-tune, and a few big events on weekends.

I also recomend checking out Full Function, our local DSM/EVO shop. There's always something happening there, and they're very close to you in Hayward. See Full Function: Home for location and directions. I was just there yesterday and got to see an old friend dynotuning his 93 Talon that just had a new FP Green installed. It's extremely cool watching a high powered car doing dyno pulls.

Welcome to the bay area. Feel free to drop by Full Function like Dave said and check out what we have. My car is currently there going through some major reconstruction.

Skip the FP Green and just go GT30r. And the stock tranny should not hold you back. I am near touching 10's on my stock tranny.

Thanks! I have been looking for somewhere to take my car to tune, perfect. Its wierd down here, up north everyone was close, and tried to hang out. Or help on projects, kinda different I guess down here, but seriously I gotta do some head studs....if any one wants ta help out, LOL.

All DSMers are welcome to come by and hang out, the only thing we ask is that you do not walk into the back of the shop while we are working on cars or while the dyno is going. It becomes a safety hazard for everyone, including us. We usually have some fun cars to look at, and I'm sure you can catch rides with guys if you are interested in a turbo upgrade.

Jerry

I'm actually from Newark myself. The only problem is that I don't have a turbo model =( I just couldn't pass up the price on my car when I bought it LOL.

hey whats up, i live on the coastside (650) and would also like to meet up with other local dsmers, its only a 45 min drive to unoin city from here, maybe going to a beach or some sh*t would be fun.....

late for the non-turd blower...

Check out the Infineon Raceway thread, some of us go out Wednesday nights to hang out or race several times a year. The same thing applies to the Sacramento Raceway thread, they also have Wed night racing plus some Friday test-n-tune, and a few big events on weekends.

I also recomend checking out Full Function, our local DSM/EVO shop. There's always something happening there, and they're very close to you in Hayward. See Full Function: Home for location and directions. I was just there yesterday and got to see an old friend dynotuning his 93 Talon that just had a new FP Green installed. It's extremely cool watching a high powered car doing dyno pulls.

If you were referring to me Dave, then I'm sorry but I'm FAAAAAAR AAWWWAYYY from owning a 'high powered car' :D :( :coy:

Welcome to the bay area. Feel free to drop by Full Function like Dave said and check out what we have. My car is currently there going through some major reconstruction.

Skip the FP Green and just go GT30r. And the stock tranny should not hold you back. I am near touching 10's on my stock tranny.

...I'm kinda thinking that I should have skipped the Green as well. -It's got a strangle-hold on my 2.4L :confused: :cry:

BTW guys
There is a local (South San Jose) weekly meet for a lot of the local forced induction cars (ie: GVR4s, STis, Evos, & SRT4s)... Every wednesdays off of Capitol Express Way & HWY 87, in the PopEye's Chicken parking lot, 8pm-? I'm usually 1 of the 2 or 3 DSMs there... Help represent guys!

All DSMers are welcome to come by and hang out, the only thing we ask is that you do not walk into the back of the shop while we are working on cars or while the dyno is going. It becomes a safety hazard for everyone, including us. We usually have some fun cars to look at, and I'm sure you can catch rides with guys if you are interested in a turbo upgrade.

Jerry

Sean gave me a ride in the Rally car!!! :D

Meet in san jose? Ill drop by if some of you guys are there. I don't want to be there by myself haha, not knowing any body.

me to, i just moved here from WA, i want to meet people around here if anyone knows of any other meets beside stinson beach?

Meet in san jose? Ill drop by if some of you guys are there. I don't want to be there by myself haha, not knowing any body.

The SJ meet on wednesdays, is a relatively new experience for me... Most of the cars there are either Evos or STIs. I was introduced to the meet from a local PepBoy's employee that has a GVR4... So far, I've managed to get a few other local DSMers to show up. I will be there this wednesday... PM me if you want to meet up before then and we can roll out together Chavez.

...Racer66, you can show up as well if you'd like but IMO, it's a little out of the way coming from Fairfield, but if you are down JLMK

Yeah do you have an address? Iv met that guy from pepboys with the gvr4! His a cool guy. Does he go to the meet as well?

At least you guys got meets. All we have is friday and saturday night cruises. I'm so going to the BOTI. Want to see evil egale ripping it. When is it again?

Yeah do you have an address? Iv met that guy from pepboys with the gvr4! His a cool guy. Does he go to the meet as well?

Sorry man, no address but it's hella easy to find... It's right off of 87 & Capitol Expwy in San Jose... Meets are usually 8-??, every wednesday night, in the parking lot behind McD's & Popeye's CHicken. -JLMK when you want to go and I can meet up with you at your JL.

..and yes, Justin (GVR4 owning, Pep Boys guy) goes to the meet... He's actually who introduced me to it. -He's also been over for a few wrench days at my house now but his Galant still needs serious help :tease:

Cool man I know where that is! I couldn't go last wends because of my ex lady's graduation. But this wends, I will be there for sure. What is wrong with his 4 door grocery getter? My car needs some work as well.. Just pretty much the usual; boost leak, base timing, a new fender ha.

wasn't me, it was someone. That same night that I purchased the car, I went home and parked it and when I woke up there was a huge dent on it. Haters..
Also they tried to take off my corner light????

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back