1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

new stuff with new grinds? help!

Posted by ninja07, Jan 26, 2010

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. ninja07

ninja07 Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2009
    antioch, Tennessee
    I just had a new stage 2 clutch kit put in with a new chromoly 11.5 lb. flywheel, clutch master and slave and new clutch line. Now while going down the road in gear, every time I let off the gas, a horrible noise (grind/rattle) sound comes from the clutch area. Only when I'm in a gear and let off the gas does this happen. I was hoping someone might have a clue what this could be with a possible solution. Any help would greatly appreciated, thanks.

272  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. dsm612

dsm612 Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2009
    nashville, Tennessee
    Sounds to me like some thing is not lined up did you use the right bolt pattern it goes in 6 point star pattern . If so something then something is hitting inside the bell housing . You may need to take it off and look some aftermarket parts need mods to work

203  0

1992 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 1G DSM
  3. KeelesKustome

KeelesKustome Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2007
    Waverly, Tennessee
    sounds like your bearing isn't properly seated.

4. Jankenshank

Jankenshank Proven Member

Joined Oct 23, 2008
    Nashville, Tennessee
    your TB isn't seated/installed correctly.