The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

new stuff with new grinds? help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninja07

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2009
antioch, Tennessee
I just had a new stage 2 clutch kit put in with a new chromoly 11.5 lb. flywheel, clutch master and slave and new clutch line. Now while going down the road in gear, every time I let off the gas, a horrible noise (grind/rattle) sound comes from the clutch area. Only when I'm in a gear and let off the gas does this happen. I was hoping someone might have a clue what this could be with a possible solution. Any help would greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sounds to me like some thing is not lined up did you use the right bolt pattern it goes in 6 point star pattern . If so something then something is hitting inside the bell housing . You may need to take it off and look some aftermarket parts need mods to work

sounds like your bearing isn't properly seated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back