The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New Stock Block Record

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well done guys! It doesnt matter about the stock block record even though you are using OEM evo 8 rods/piston.

How much psi youre running and is there a log you can post?

Thanks

Yes, yes it does matter actually. Because it's not the OEM rotating assembly from a 6 bolt 4G63 Talon/Eclipse motor. So please, :shhh:

Thanks.

Why because they dont post on the forums? I know quite few powerful cars that dont post on the forums, mainly becuase of the know-it-alls.

I think it was someone really big like Lucas English or John Shep got called a liar on here as well. Some people just believe people at all.

Well with all this debate going on when me and SIM attempt the record we are using the blocks original rotating assembly with 60k miles on it. Im going to have roughly 6 back up blocks because we are going to be blowing up alot of stuff. Lol

Ok so what the title of this thread needs to be changed, that way all these people wouldn't be getting butt hurt over the subject anymore. Built2Race came clean so everyone calm down.

To BUILT2RACE, congrats as someone already said, awesome job on pushing stock Evo pistons and rods! It's good to see that those can handle some abuse in our motors.

I think we, as a group, need to set up rules for this stock block "record"... Personally, I feel that balance shaft elimination is ok, because everyone does it. Also Using ARP bolts / studs is acceptable, and any OEM replacement piston is allowed. (NPR, OEM, JING JONG LANG from China, etc). Stock crank and rods are a must. Bearings, rings, and gaskets are whatever you decide. Thoughts?

***edit*** as long as the piston keeps the compression ratio at stock and is a cast piston with 21mm wrist pin

Stock block means it came OEM with the parts for that car.

OEM rods, pistons and bolts. Those are the parts that matter for the rotating assembly to stay together. Upgrade any of that and its not a stock block anymore.

Car is fast for sure, but not a stock block by any means. Oem evo rod and pisont record or something along those line would be more relavent.

Stock block means it came OEM with the parts for that car.

OEM rods, pistons and bolts. Those are the parts that matter for the rotating assembly to stay together. Upgrade any of that and its not a stock block anymore.

Car is fast for sure, but not a stock block by any means. Oem evo rod and pisont record or something along those line would be more relavent.

I agree!

Well done guys! It doesnt matter about the stock block record even though you are using OEM evo 8 rods/piston.

How much psi youre running and is there a log you can post?

Thanks
thanks !!!!

For me too still a record but not for the judges in this forum ... We are running 38psi

We really want to be clear with the rules for stock block, could some one post them...
Cause for some people changing bearing, studs,etc... is ok
But others say that is not stock because you change the parts of the car, so please lets get clear get the rules and post them so everyone could be clear...

Thanks!

Hi Guys, I just open this account to answer any questions about the car...

Thanks for posting the Video and for all the comments, I know the music is a little to much and the sound of the car is like really low, but is just because this was the World Import Challenge and there were like 60 ROTARY cars making a lot of noise! so the sound is just there engines is really bad but we will get some camaras inside the car so you guys can see the pass from diffrent angles.

Here are some of the mods:

Eagle Talon 91 TSI

Engine

4g63 6 bolt
Stock Evo 8 Rod and Piston
ARP Head Studs
Cometic Head Gasket
HKS Cams 264/272
Crower Springs and Retainers

Fuel
VP fuel
1,200cc Precision Injectors
Bosh 044 Fuel Pump

Bolt-ons
Turbo 62/65 BallBearing T4 Turbo
Custom TOP MOUNT T4 Header (Kings Performance)
Custom SS 3'' DOWNPIPE (KINGS Performance)
4'' CX Racing Intercooler
JMF Intake Manifold with a 80mm throttle body
44 Tial Wastegate
AGX Shocks
Eibach Springs

ENGINE MANAGEMENT
AEM WideBand
AutoMeter Boost Gauge
AEM V2 ECU
Tune by Sergio Reyes (KingsPerformance)

Tranny
Shep Stage 4
Quater master Double Disc Clutch
Stock Drivetrain (Transfer, Axles,DriveShaft)

TIRES
MH 24.5x8x15 Slicks

Rollcage
6points

Aprox 680hp on Mustang Dyno, NO NOS! ALL Boost!
Don't Know the weight yet,,, we let you guys know next month that we are going to NSCRA event in WestPalmBeach and the plan is to get that info there.

Photos are coming soon... any questions feel free to ask. Thanks Guys!

Not, bad at all sir.

thanks !!!!

For me too still a record but not for the judges in this forum ... We are running 38psi

We really want to be clear with the rules for stock block, could some one post them...
Cause for some people changing bearing, studs,etc... is ok
But others say that is not stock because you change the parts of the car, so please lets get clear get the rules and post them so everyone could be clear...

Thanks!

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/cyl...-get-clear-what-stock-block-record-rules.html

Working on it, great idea tho.

The DSM record belongs to Mike Rizz from NEDSM. Has 100% stock 6-bolt block sans balance shafts.
The car in this thread does not qualify since it has EVO VIII components. Whether they are stock or not is irrelevant.
However, it's still a great run and fete. Congratulations! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So is me or there's no rulebook,,, is just you guys saying that is has to be stock with this and that,,, don't get me wrong ok maybe our record is not valid because is with evo stock pistons! But come one! A motor with 100k with stock piston, rods and studs doing 600+hp with No ARP studs because are not stock. Will hold that much punishment be real guys! At least arp studs and more if you are launching the car and shifting over 8,000 rpm!

Just my 2 cents

So is me or there's no rulebook,,, is just you guys saying that is has to be stock with this and that,,, don't get me wrong ok maybe our record is not valid because is with evo stock pistons! But come one! A motor with 100k with stock piston, rods and studs doing 600+hp with No ARP studs because are not stock. Will hold that much punishment be real guys! At least arp studs and more if you are launching the car and shifting over 8,000 rpm!

Just my 2 cents

Were working on the rules.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/cyl...-get-clear-what-stock-block-record-rules.html

Major kudos to your setup!!! Its crazy Fast!!!:thumb:

Just my 2 cents

On that link setup above, the rules were just set and confirmed basically by the current record holder. You have to use stock block, rods, pistons, and stock bolts throughout the motor. BSE, is optional as set by the current record holder. I have to agree with you, it is retarded to build and run a "ticking time bomb". However his Wednesday motor lived to tell the tale, so his 9.98 stands and may stand forever. After this one block blows the hell up. I'm going to put the s400 turbo on my car, and i'm going for 8s with the built motor.

Wicked pass for any oem cast piston and rod, but I have to agree with the rest of the peanut gallery that hybrid bottom end rebuilds (2g pistons, eve pistons, act) that raise compression over a stock 7.8CR OEM 6bolt are an advantage.

Oh the other hand, if it was a set of stock 8.5CR 2g pistons in a stock 7bolt bottom end...would the comments be any different?

This is certainly a grey area, and frankly, the cast piston w/ slightly higher compression is FAR less of an advantage compared to BSE kit, ARP head studs, and a good HG, both of which are accepted.

There are 2 different stories about ostar from locals here in Orlando. 1 says he is using a JDM completely stock 6 bolt, stock rod bolts and all. The other says it has arp hardware and 2g pistons on 1g rods. I don't know for sure, I'm hoping the former is true.

There are 2 different stories about ostar from locals here in Orlando. 1 says he is using a JDM completely stock 6 bolt, stock rod bolts and all. The other says it has arp hardware and 2g pistons on 1g rods. I don't know for sure, I'm hoping the former is true.

You better check your sources before you post something like that here. Everyone that knows me,knows that the car is a true stock jdm 6 bolt block and I have worked very hard to get this car to run what it has, so for u or anyone else to come in here and try to stain all of my hard work is just a slap in the F#$^@%^ face. :nono: By the way why dont you call out these so called locals

By the way it is true ... 9.82@146 on a STOCK 6 BOLT BLOCK ...OH and did I mention it also did it with a ported STOCK intake manifold?

Last edited by a moderator:
You better check your sources before you post something like that here. Everyone that knows me,knows that the car is a true stock jdm 6 bolt block and I have worked very hard to get this car to run what it has, so for u or anyone else to come in here and try to stain all of my hard work is just a slap in the F#$^@%^ face. :nono: By the way why dont you call out these so called locals

By the way it is true ... 9.82@146 on a STOCK 6 BOLT BLOCK ...OH and did I mention it also did it with a ported STOCK intake manifold?

Well said.

Just re-iterating local talk. That last line in my comment said I'm rooting for the JDM option. A true world record breaker. Great job Fernando!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back