The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

New stock block numbers !!! vid inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OstarMotorsport

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 15, 2010
orlando, Florida
These are the new numbers we are trying out today from the STOCK BLOCK after installing our new cold air intake !!!! Track time tonight!!! I will keep you guys updated..

‪4g63 stock bottom end 650+whp Dsm‬‏ - YouTube

Here are some pics of the intake we installed:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nice guys but I believe my fabricator beat you guys to the punch on the cold air intake, in my old 1g we gained 6lbs of boost by putting it in the same spot!!!! We heat wrapped mine though maybe a suggestion to you guys!!!!

This dyno was at the same boost level as before we just replaced the FP 4in intake with the cold air one

That stock block record is comming home to Orlando TONIGHT!

Nice I have a similar setup for my 2g and I have one on my Mercedes Benz AMG with the air coming in from where the foglights used to be. Mine is also heat wrapped which is a very good thing to do.

This ram air thing works very well especially on the topend. The results on my AMG were phenominal. I did not dyno it yet but it pulls like a beast more so now compared to before upstairs. I could imagine what it would be like on a turbocharged car

This is by far the best setup I've seen and done by a member here named Wret. I had him make one for me:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-intake-exhaust/195667-diy-ram-air-duct-cold-air-intake.html

Good luck at the track tonight! Great numbers and great work guys.

Well guys I gave it a swing yesterday but had the tranny give me problems all night and on the way home it locked up in 4th. So my guess is that I was having problems with the shift fork and it finally went out. I will slap on my spare tranny and open up this one to see what actually happened. Hoepfully we will be back at it next week.

I talked to John (shep) about the tranny and he advised me to send it in to get it fixed up and at the same time upgrade it to a stage 4. I am going to send it over on tuesday but this puts me at a bad spot as I might not be able to make the shootout with the car this year. I will try the spare trans and if it seems ok then we should be good.

I talked to John (shep) about the tranny and he advised me to send it in to get it fixed up and at the same time upgrade it to a stage 4. I am going to send it over on tuesday but this puts me at a bad spot as I might not be able to make the shootout with the car this year. I will try the spare trans and if it seems ok then we should be good.

Any Updates? I'm built a stock block car aswell. At the right weight, I think 9.40's- 9.30's could be possiable if the car was a tin-can. Maybe 8.90's on a perfect pass with slicks. In true-street trim, 2900 witght with a 67mm turbo and full exhuast. It's be hard to say if anything past 9.70's would happen at 700awhp would happen. I won't push the limit of my stock block, untill the built motor is ready to go in the car.

Last edited:
Any Updates? I'm built a stock block car aswell. At the right weight, I think 9.40's- 9.30's could be possiable if the car was a tin-can. Maybe 8.90's on a perfect pass with slicks. In true-street trim, 2900 witght with a 67mm turbo and full exhuast. It's be hard to say if anything past 9.70's would happen at 700awhp would happen. I won't push the limit of my stock block, untill the built motor is ready to go in the car.

You're right, a well built car with a weight of 2900 could probably run those times if it had 700whp and a good 60'. I should be back at it in the next week or so. Hopefully I will able to jump away from the 10.0 gremlin.

You're right, a well built car with a weight of 2900 could probably run those times if it had 700whp and a good 60'. I should be back at it in the next week or so. Hopefully I will able to jump away from the 10.0 gremlin.

Any updates? I was looking at my car and thinking how much weight I could remove. I'm still tring to get the car up, and tuned for this event. What do you think your car could pull off with a race weight of 2700?

Any updates? I was looking at my car and thinking how much weight I could remove. I'm still tring to get the car up, and tuned for this event. What do you think your car could pull off with a race weight of 2700?

It would make a substantial difference I suppose. I just havent had the time to put into it lately.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back