The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New Spyder, New Project!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brkn

Probationary Member
Jun 27, 2011
NOVI, Michigan
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There is my new Spyder! It is a 1996 Eclipse Spyder GS. I have been away from the DSM scene for way too long- I sold my 92 Talon TSi AWD back in 2004 and have been stuck in the humdrum daily driver mode for far too long.

My brother originally bought this car about 3 years ago as his "project car" and has since given up. To say he butchered the car would put it lightly. It jumped time on him (no damage to the valves\pistons) and decided to stop running. It would have been a quick, easy fix except he figured that if it jumped timing (there were pieces of the balance shaft belt wedged in between the timing belt and the camshaft pully) that it had to of destroyed the engine- so why not pull the head to find out instead of doing a compression test??

Then, after the head was pulled, he decided to completely disassemble the head (which was in great shape, by the way) and then just gave up...

So now that he has moved off to a car with a warranty, I have stolen her from him and am starting to put together a game plan.

I have done my own fare share of modding in the past. I know how to turn a wrench and am usually pretty inclined when it comes to getting stuff done, except this might be a bit of a struggle and I will more than likely be spending more time on this website reading and asking questions than my girlfriend will possibly care for.

I will be looking around as much as possible, but if anyone has any good, solid info on what the parts list will look like to swap out the 4g64 for a 4g63T, I would appreciate it.

Because ultimately, I plan on following this general plan:

1) Remove 4g64 and detail clean engine bay, possibly completely stripping the bay to sand down\patch any rust and re-paint

2) Locate a running 4g63T and install

3) Replace Convertible top and all worn\damaged hardware

4) Steam Clean \ Replace \ Repair all worn\damaged interior components (EVO 8 Seats maybe??)

5) Suspension upgrades \ Wheels

6) Exterior clean up, possible 2gb Talon conversion

7) Sit back, smile, and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

I'm going to put about $2000 aside just to get the car up and running and doing everything right (Including convertible top and such).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back