The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New Shop Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikEclipse99

15+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Good morning! This is my progress so far on my new 30x40 shop build. It might not look like much but clearing out the wooded area was a major PITA. You can see from the aerial view how much needed cleared. So far we've excavated down about 18" filled it back in and graveled on top. The building is from Viking Steel Buildings and is scheduled to be here end of January- mid February!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This has 3 10x10 doors with an 8x8 door in the rear

I was finally able to get the stumps grinded out so we can dig out the small section of grass from the pad to the driveway that's not graveled. Hopefully this weekend I can tackle that so I can get it filled back in and my last load of gravel and I'll be all ready for the building!

It may be good to clear out a few more trees around it before putting it up. Looks like the trees aren't huge, but leaves and limbs on the roof can be a pain during fall or after storms. Or especially trees falling onto the shop. It'd also give more room for a lean-to or otherwise storage for wood or other stuff behind or on the sides.

That is almost the same shop I have but mine is a wood frame that was built 3 years ago.
Plenty of room and you are going to love it!
Here are some picutures of mine.
I added a 9000# 2 post lift to mine and wish I had done it 10 years ago or more.
Marty

It may be good to clear out a few more trees around it before putting it up. Looks like the trees aren't huge, but leaves and limbs on the roof can be a pain during fall or after storms. Or especially trees falling onto the shop. It'd also give more room for a lean-to or otherwise storage for wood or other stuff behind or on the sides.
That's on the to do list still LOL. The left side brush and small trees will be cleared out before it gets here

That is almost the same shop I have but mine is a wood frame that was built 3 years ago.
Plenty of room and you are going to love it!
Here are some picutures of mine.
I added a 9000# 2 post lift to mine and wish I had done it 10 years ago or more.
Marty
Marty that looks awesome! A 2 post lift is the first thing I'm buying once concrete is done. After working out of 1 car and 2 car garages for the last 15 years this is going to be unreal.

You will find yourself at Harbor Freight real soon after its built, hahaha.
I got a press, floor jacks, creepers (that you don't need with a lift), roll around chairs, oil drain containers, etc etc and you'll be glad you have the equipment to work easier.
Here is a picture of the lift I use. I have had my full size extended cab 4x4 Silverado on it and it doesn't moan or groan. The lift ran me under $1900 and I had one other man help me put it up. It wasn't hard, just make sure it is level.

Congrats! It’s gonna be awesome to have. Looks like a nice private lot too. I ordered mine from Viking as well and was extremely satisfied. They were one of the only companies that I found that offered the lap siding.

Hey Marty what are the dimensions of your shop?. Freaking materials are up.
30x40x12

A tip for you guys that I like is to use Magnetic Fender Covers to cover the inside of my shop door windows so it keeps prying/stealing eyes away. You can still use them on your cars when you want and its a handy place to hang them as you can see in the picture tonite while I worked on my truck. I have 6 windows in the doors and 2 slider windows on the other walls. I use mini blinds to keep the sun and eyes out on those 2 windows because 12 LED lights do a good job of keeping the shop lit and the more lights you put in the better!

Its been a long wait, but its finally almost here! Monday March 7th they're coming to install the building and I'm so excited!! Yesterday I got the 1s and 2s delivered for the front right section of the driveway and the 57 is coming today over the whole driveway section.

Freaking rain! We got over an inch of rain last night and raining almost all day today so they rescheduled for tomorrow :( I feel like a kid on Christmas the suspense is killing me LOL

ITS DONE!! I am so happy with everything on this building it turned out awesome. Electrical getting started this weekend and as soon as the weather starts getting warmer concrete can get poured!

In the ninth picture in your post, I see an opening at the bottom of the back wall and also a panel laying on the ground... Is that panel to be installed or will there be an opening and what would its purpose be?

I think you're seeing the 8x8 door that's supposed to be there. His original post says three 10x10's and one 8x8 in the rear.

LET THERE BE LIGHT! Contemplating doing another two rows. This is 21 4' LED Barrina lights from Amazon that I had in my garage at my last house. For the price these are amazing.

amazon.com/dp/B07DNPL2VC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

In the ninth picture in your post, I see an opening at the bottom of the back wall and also a panel laying on the ground... Is that panel to be installed or will there be an opening and what would its purpose be?
As @KCDsmDude said, that is an 8x8 door in the rear that goes out to my trails for the quads. The piece of siding laying on the ground was just an extra piece that was left over.

The lift ran me under $1900 and I had one other man help me put it up. It wasn't hard, just make sure it is level.
How far off the wall is the lift post? I am trying to figure out exactly where to put mine since I will be having a section of thicker concrete. I don't want it too close to the wall but it cant be too far off either.

Wow...that looks pretty bright in there. Do you really think you will need two more rows? But then again you can never have too much lighting. Will you be installing a heater?
Can I park my car in there...LOLLOLLOL
LOLLOL
Like you said you can never have too much lighting LOL. It will definitely do for now, once I get working in there I will decide if I want more lighting. As for the heater yes, this summer I plan to insulate the building and figure out what I want to do for heat.

I am about 33" off of my wall. That was because of the reinforcement under my pad also. 36" would be better if the pad is good to that point. That measurement is from my baseboard to the column, not its base (which I think would be better).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back