The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

New setup ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coupe_nasty

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Easton, Maryland
So i currently have a Hahn 16g and im looking to do a new setup to reach hopefully 400whp on 93 pump. How does this list look?

CURRENT- Hahn 16g-fmic-3 inch catless exhaust-Link v-3 - walbro 255hp - fic 850's- afpr

NEW LIST TO ADD- FP 71hta -Fp race manifold- gsc s1 cams - gsc lifters - gsc beehive springs/ retainers - arp head studs - new head gasket (not sure which brand to get?)

The car will mainly be a street car so i want decent spool.

Bigger injectors?

The 850's can safely handle about 50 lb/min and max out around 60. They should be more than enough for 400whp on 93 pump.

+1 to the Mitsubshi or Felpro composite head gasket.

What intake manifold?

Might want to consider the 73HTA or even the 76HTA (Green & Green XL respectively) I asked Michael @ FP about the 71HTA and how they compare to the 73 and 76 and he suggested the 76HTA for my goal of 400whp on pump. Just food for thought.

Stock intake manifold is good to 400whp for sure. The 850s will also work well. I'd probably run the 76HTA out of the options in this thread. 400WHP would be relativity easy to reach. Only thing I would change would be the cam choice. But as stated 400whp should be easy to reach.

Whooooops, missed a critical part of the OP post. My bad, good lookin out dyesuperman! Hahaha, its so easy to look dumb sometimes.....

Yes, OP, your setup looks capable of 400 on pump. The cold air right now can only help in achieving your goal.

Last edited:
Wait.... 400whp,Pump gas....on a 16g? Or are you planning on running a bigger turbo? You MIGHT be able to pull that off in the winter, with very cold ambient temps, but i gotta say i doubt you will make near that as soon as the temp rises in the spring. Is the Hahn 16g a larger turbo than the mhi?

I would recommend e85/meth injection/larger turbo. Pick one. Just my .02

Apparently comprehending what you read has escaped you at the moment :thumb: Re-read the OPs post.

So u think the fp green would be better with gsc s2 cams vs 71hta with gsc s1 cams? This is a street car on 93 pump. Looking for decent spool. That is why I thought maybe not green and def not 76hta. ? I thought a tdo5h would be better for spool.

FWIW, you could make 400 whp with the 16g you have already.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU1C8wEaxfA]Tyler Hassing's 1991 White Eagle Talon Turbo - YouTube[/ame]

this was on 93 octane, with an AWIC setup that did not work well, I had 180+ air temps at the end of each pass. Plus I had Comp 101200 cams in it. With the right cams, and any decent front mount IC, I could have made 410ish. I'm not saying its easy to make that kind of power, but it is possible. So to make things easier stay with the 71HTA. If your not stuck on the GSC cams i could recomend some for you.

Thanks for the advise. I think im gonna get my hahn 16g tuned and dynoed to see what it can get me on 93 octane. But i have been thinking about an FP Green. Some people recommend the 68hta as well but how much of an upgrade is this from a big 16g? Should i just go straight for the green or 71hta?

I would consider the 68 hta for your power goal and spool. The 68 flows about 47lb/min because of the billet wheel and even faster spool with the td05 housing. I think the choice is pretty clear....

depends what kind of dyno. I made a peak of 382whp on a mustang dyno with a 2.3 through the auto.
I was around 340 with a built 2.0L. 94 pump and meth on both.

Thanks for the advise. I think im gonna get my hahn 16g tuned and dynoed to see what it can get me on 93 octane. But i have been thinking about an FP Green. Some people recommend the 68hta as well but how much of an upgrade is this from a big 16g? Should i just go straight for the green or 71hta?

Ok, so after looking at FP's choices again, If I were going to move away from the stock compressor cover (16g or 68HTA) I'd probably jump into the Green xl or the Red. I say this only because of the potential of these after you make your 400whp goal. Any of them will work for your goal. obviously the the smaller options will present a bit more of a challenge. If you dont want to spend the time/money to change you charge pipes/intake system around then stick with the 68hta.

but what would i be expecting in dyno numbers to the wheels with a 68hta on 93 pump gas? around 350 - 375whp?

With the right combo making 400whp on any of these can be reached. My 16G auto car made 400whp on our mustang dyno, and had more left.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back