The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

New Rotors and SS Brake Lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paper Trafficin

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 20, 2008
Manassas, Virginia
I thought I would post some pics of my new slotted rotors and SS brake lines. While I was at it I painted the calipers. Unfortunatley I can't seem to bleed the bakes properly or something. They still feel spongy. Maybe there's a secret to it. I bleed them starting passenger rear, driver rear. passenger front, driver front. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Anyways on to the pics. Let me know what you think.

Also I think I found the problem with my clunking noise when I go over speed bumps. Can someone tell me what this is called and how to go about fixing it. Sorry Im a newb.:tease:

Now, correct me if i'm wrong. But shouldn't the bleeder screw be pointing up, not down?

you would be correct on that assumption. paper trafficin you have the calipers reversed, that could be the reason for your spongy brakes.

Wow and that arm bushing is GONE. I bet you get a lot of thumps on bumps don't ya?

Replace those knuckle bushing with some Energy Suspension bushings, put the calipers on the correct side, and bleed them in the correct order, RR, LF, LR, RF.

Thanks guys, I didn't realize the calipers were on wrong. It was dark and cold, I was in a hurry. I'll try and change them this weekend and bleed them again. Housegsx, good information, It's greatly appreciated.
As for the paint on the calipers it's regular car paint I had mixed at Sherwin Williams Automotive paint store, to match the color of the car, and some fire proof clear coat, with hardener.

Also I sprayed the calipers

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back