The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New rims and tires worse when driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snipe99999

20+ Year Contributor
May 13, 2002
philly
Why when I put my new wheels and tires on my stock suspension does the car feel so mushy. They are 225/40/18 I thought that it would make the car handel better. I hope that this will change when I put my new suspension on. Any Ideas?

What tire pressures? If you went to larger tires, remember you have larger contact patches, with more area to lose "feel" in. Ride is awfully manufacturer, tread pattern and compound, and sidewall dependent- too often, you just don't know until it's too late. I went from big (225) Fuldas to little (205) Yoko AVS, and the improvement in feel was astounding. Same on the 1G, going from Winstons to Dunlop A-2 Sports, made the Winstons feel like they were made of wood. Tire feel changes with age as well, new tires with taller and more flexible rubber will feel lots more compliant.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back