The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

New ride - Twin Turbo Cobra

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I gots a lot of buddies that, well, you know, I can just hop in their cars a come find you. Just saying il be on the lookout for you come august of next year. :D ;)

Haha! Well played.

Dyno appointment Oct. 30th, getting the fuel system installed and retuning at 18psi. Should be fun!

Bought a new beater to get around in while I build the Cobra. It's going under the knife for some "goodies" and some fine adjustments. Plans are for a little over 1000rwhp and high 8 second ET's (if I switch to an automatic, if I stay with a t56, likely mid-upper 9's realistically but both well over 150mph.) I think I'm also going to build for E85 and just jump on the bandwagon.

Anyways, pics of the beater:

01 Firebird Formula
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks...it's nothing too special, few bolt ons like long tubes, pulley, gears, slp lid, exhaust/y pipe, and some pretty fair weight reduction.

Previous owner had a 3200 stall in it and on good tires it went 11.67 @ 116 and was actually #18 in the country on the fastest stock cam LS1 list. It now has the stock converter in it, and to me it feels now like a low 12's at 112ish car. We'll find out because I'm taking it to the track next Thursday :D

Loving both cars....

One day I'd love to find an nice LS-powered firebird as a "beater. " :)
Always thought those were one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Pic I took tonight since I cleaned them up:

Added a new ride to the stable, plus some updates on the Cobra just for the heck of it.

Sleeping next to his big brother who will keep all the bullies away from the Z06 :D

Fully built 4r70w trans with brake, mvb, triple disc converter,etc.

Motor is also currently out getting the business; should be done in about 2 weeks, then it all goes back to the dyno, should make 1100+rwhp while retaining full leather interior, power steering, a/c, full stereo. Goal is to be able to drive it to the rack, run 8's at 155+, and drive it home with the a/c blowing and the tunes bumping, all on pump gas (E85)

Dyno and timeslips soon. Will be just your typical 8 second daily driver.

I like your style, white ftw. :hellyeah:

Clean c5 as well. Im just finishing up a white c5 of my own. Put down 441whp, stock intake on a nitrous tune(no nitrous).

That sn95 is a monster though. Loved the body but hated the pre-pi sohc 4.6. Bolt on and tune gt made 230whp LOL. Wish i still had it though, coyote swap sounds fun.

Any mods on the c5 or just a "get around" car?

I like your style, white ftw. :hellyeah:

Clean c5 as well. Im just finishing up a white c5 of my own. Put down 441whp, stock intake on a nitrous tune(no nitrous).

That sn95 is a monster though. Loved the body but hated the pre-pi sohc 4.6. Bolt on and tune gt made 230whp LOL. Wish i still had it though, coyote swap sounds fun.

Any mods on the c5 or just a "get around" car?

Thanks man. 441 is healthy on motor! The Z is pretty much stock. I took it to the track with just nittos and a vararam and it went 12.2 at 114 with a pretty badly slipping clutch. It now has a centerforce dfx, and an off road x pipe, so I'm looking to break into the 11's with just that setup. Plans are for a mild custom ground cam, long tubes, and maybe a 150 shot. Other than that, nice wheels, and I really dig the very subtle rear fender flares, so that may be in the works as well.

I owned a non-pi Mustang GT too, and yes, they are turds for sure!

that's Hot man!!! Car must be Krazeeee!!! Nothing like owning those cars down there in Florida. The best roads and sunshine !!

Thanks brotha. It's a handful but it hooks hard. Very tame as a driver too; nice quiet smooth idle, ice cold a/c, it's a car you can take to the track, run high 8's, and then hand the keys to your grandma to take it to bingo...so long as she stays out of boost :D

Thanks man. 441 is healthy on motor! The Z is pretty much stock. I took it to the track with just nittos and a vararam and it went 12.2 at 114 with a pretty badly slipping clutch. It now has a centerforce dfx, and an off road x pipe, so I'm looking to break into the 11's with just that setup. Plans are for a mild custom ground cam, long tubes, and maybe a 150 shot. Other than that, nice wheels, and I really dig the very subtle rear fender flares, so that may be in the works as well.

Thats quick for basically stock. 11's should be easy on that set up. Shooting for 10's with that 150 shot? How do you like the centerforce? I went with the monster stage 3. Pretty heavy pedal, but it holds like a monster LOL.

The 441/435 was on a fresh ls6 bottom end arp hardware, 243 heads, cam, the works. Plan to hit it with a 100 shot. But overall really happy with it so far, just wish it was spring LOL.

I hear you on the fender flares as well. The c6 z06 wheels with the c6 offset look amazing on the c5 with the flares. 19x12 :hellyeah:

But congrats on two very clean legit rides. Lets see some vids man haha.

Last edited:
Dyno and timeslips soon. Will be just your typical 8 second daily driver.

Looks slow ;)

...meanwhile, at the car show...

:p

Meh... Car shows...

Here is the thing I hate about car shows (quick rant): You or I are capable of walking up to a car, and being able to pick out bad ass, clean engineering. We can appreciate a custom one off polished intake, or beautiful header work, or a custom bracket, etc. But the car that always seems to win "car shows" is whichever one has the most multi-colored wire loom from Pep Boys under the hood. Since when is that clean, or worthy of winning anything?

Thats quick for basically stock. 11's should be easy on that set up. Shooting for 10's with that 150 shot? How do you like the centerforce? I went with the monster stage 3. Pretty heavy pedal, but it holds like a monster LOL.

The 441/435 was on a fresh ls6 bottom end arp hardware, 243 heads, cam, the works. Plan to hit it with a 100 shot. But overall really happy with it so far, just wish it was spring LOL.

I hear you on the fender flares as well. The c6 z06 wheels with the c6 offset look amazing on the c5 with the flares. 19x12 :hellyeah:

But congrats on two very clean legit rides. Lets see some vids man haha.

The centerforce is awesome; near stock pedal feel. It has some ever so slight chatter when I initially installed it, but once it broke in and wore the tiny ridges off the new plate, it literally felt stock, and it grabs hard, so I'm very happy with it.

I really dig the flares as well. With these cars being so light, it doesn't take much power to make them boogie, so if I can get an honest 430rwhp on motor with a good tune, I'll be plenty happy with that.

You've got cojones driving that thing around in the typical Florida monsoons. :p

It's funny you say that, because I drove it to work a couple weeks ago and it said 0% chance of rain, and then all of a sudden we got hit with these crazy freak tornadoes. I was on ET streets, so that was a fun ride home. The car actually behaved much better than I expected, but perhaps because it is so damn heavy, being on water was a more natural feeling habitat for it :p

Looks slow ;)

That's the idea! ;)

The centerforce is awesome; near stock pedal feel. It has some ever so slight chatter when I initially installed it, but once it broke in and wore the tiny ridges off the new plate, it literally felt stock, and it grabs hard, so I'm very happy with it.

Nice, what are they rated to?

I really dig the flares as well. With these cars being so light, it doesn't take much power to make them boogie, so if I can get an honest 430rwhp on motor with a good tune, I'll be plenty happy with that.

Hell yeah and probably bottom 11's with that. Its so easy to make that power too and people think the dsm makes power easy LOL. Heads/cam will make your 430 no problem. Contact the guys at Total Engine Airflow out of Ohio. Those guys know how to put out some numbers. My 441 was on a mustang dyno no less, had the heads done by T.E.A. I figure the a fast 102 or msd airforce is worth another 20. The ls6 block is probably helping a bit too.

What hp numbers are you shooting for in the stang?

Here is the thing I hate about car shows (quick rant): You or I are capable of walking up to a car, and being able to pick out bad ass, clean engineering. We can appreciate a custom one off polished intake, or beautiful header work, or a custom bracket, etc. But the car that always seems to win "car shows" is whichever one has the most multi-colored wire loom from Pep Boys under the hood. Since when is that clean, or worthy of winning anything?

I've been to East Coast MOD two years in a row, now. Each time, that's exactly how things play out.

The "people's choice award", yanno, the choice of the people always goes to the favorite Evo that belongs to the largest Evo club that shows up. Ok, I get that.

...What really makes me laugh has been the judges choice award each year. Both years, it went to some Evo X; which of course is sporting the same cookie cutter CF canards, exhaust system, intake, etc., that 99% of all the other Evos there had. Don't get me wrong, there were some really clean Evos there. But as far as originality goes, it was pretty much non existent. I could have built nearly every Evo there exclusively with any combination off the shelf parts.

Stuff like that just makes me sigh. The few clean Starquests, 3KGTs, DSMs, and Galants that show just sit quietly in the corner and get appreciated by what I would call the "real" Mitsubishi enthusiasts. A lot of the rest are just kids in late model Evos rolling with their "crews".

In summary, today's car culture is changing.

Off my soapbox now...Your rant made me want to rant.

/rant.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back