The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

New ride - Twin Turbo Cobra

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Always the 16g powered car with some jokes...

Do share. You know you want to. :)

Nice, what are they rated to?

Hell yeah and probably bottom 11's with that. Its so easy to make that power too and people think the dsm makes power easy LOL. Heads/cam will make your 430 no problem. Contact the guys at Total Engine Airflow out of Ohio. Those guys know how to put out some numbers. My 441 was on a mustang dyno no less, had the heads done by T.E.A. I figure the a fast 102 or msd airforce is worth another 20. The ls6 block is probably helping a bit too.

What hp numbers are you shooting for in the stang?

600lb/ft torque so it should be fine for my goals.

I'm gonna start with a cam only setup and see where I end up. If the car hauls ass and is fun to drive, I won't be too concerned with the actual dyno numbers.

With the Cobra on the high boost (26psi) and E85 tune I'd like to see 1100rwhp through the automatic.

I've been to East Coast MOD two years in a row, now. Each time, that's exactly how things play out.

The "people's choice award", yanno, the choice of the people always goes to the favorite Evo that belongs to the largest Evo club that shows up. Ok, I get that.

...What really makes me laugh has been the judges choice award each year. Both years, it went to some Evo X; which of course is sporting the same cookie cutter CF canards, exhaust system, intake, etc., that 99% of all the other Evos there had. Don't get me wrong, there were some really clean Evos there. But as far as originality goes, it was pretty much non existent. I could have built nearly every Evo there exclusively with any combination off the shelf parts.

Stuff like that just makes me sigh. The few clean Starquests, 3KGTs, DSMs, and Galants that show just sit quietly in the corner and get appreciated by what I would call the "real" Mitsubishi enthusiasts. A lot of the rest are just kids in late model Evos rolling with their "crews".

In summary, today's car culture is changing.

Off my soapbox now...Your rant made me want to rant.

/rant.

I agree, it is very different. It seems like today a lot of things follow a formula. If you deviate from that norm, people no longer think it is special, they think it is weird.

I'm not that butthurt because my car was hardly built to be a show car, but out of nearly 500 Mustangs and Corvettes, I had the ONLY turbo car at the show, and my Cobra is the ONLY one in the country to have the turbos stacked behind the driver's headlight the way they are. Not to mention my Z06 was the only speedway white C5Z there as well.

The people that stopped at the Cobra didn't want to walk away from it, because they were enthusiasts and knew what they were looking at. I don't even think the judges walked up to it.

Nice I'll be working on American muscle a 70 charger super be. Nice car man

Thanks man. Good luck with the 70 Charger project. You'll have this completely foreign to me stuff under the hood called SPACE to work in :D

Still a ford and DSM food :) That Vette sure is sexy thou!

My Ford could still beat your DSM while towing the Vette with the a/c on :D

Edit: I'll give $1000 to the first streetable DSM that still has interior and working a/c that can beat the Cobra, dig or a roll, street or the track. Better make sure that AWD isn't lazy out of the hole, because my car will hook in a car wash.

With the Cobra on the high boost (26psi) and E85 tune I'd like to see 1100rwhp through the automatic.

Jebus, and with a/c blowing haha.

My Ford could still beat your DSM while towing the Vette with the a/c on :D

Edit: I'll give $1000 to the first streetable DSM that still has interior and working a/c that can beat the Cobra, dig or a roll, street or the track. Better make sure that AWD isn't lazy out of the hole, because my car will hook in a car wash.

And why cant i "like" this comment LOL.

Can't help it. Need all my cars to run at least 10's :D
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'll give $1000 to the first streetable DSM that still has interior and working a/c that can beat the Cobra, dig or a roll, street or the track. Better make sure that AWD isn't lazy out of the hole, because my car will hook in a car wash.
Dirt track cool? :D
Diggin the cars though, not really a stang guy but yours... ya I like. Thinking my fbody needs some boost now sometime soon. Be safe in that monster!

Dirt track cool? :D
Diggin the cars though, not really a stang guy but yours... ya I like. Thinking my fbody needs some boost now sometime soon. Be safe in that monster!

Yeah, dirt track I may not hack it :D Thanks man, appreciate it. I had an LS1 fbody too, really liked that car.

Looks good, which kit did you go with on the vette? I like how it mounts on the manifold like that.

It's a nitrous outlet plate kit. I just threw the 100 shot jets in for now, but will put the 125 jets in for the dyno where I can dial in the tune properly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back