The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink New rebuild, confused a bit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirstTimeDSM

Probationary Member
Aug 18, 2018
Missoula, Montana
Currently I just got my new build back and started up the other day. Build is
2h head
Kiggly beehive titanium springs
3g lifters
Kelford 264/260 cams
Evo 3 16g
Wal 255
Ecmlink v3
NPR pistons for a 2g machines for a 6bolt
New timing everything new waterpump
850 ficc injectors
1g cas
Fidenza flywheel.
Cometic MLS head gasket
Arp studs

With all the new components I want to break the engine in. Currently I'm only running 14lbs on the old tune it had previously.

Is there any baseline tune I should be using to break it in? I'm 99% sure its using speed density as the bov is vented to atmosphere.

I drove it home the other day about 6 miles using engine breaking and downshifting to help seat rings and didnt go above 4k-4.5k rpms. It seemed to run really good although rich, I guess I was expecting more kick? Not sure what's going on thereI just dont want to break anything in a new 10k$ full rebuild. Since there's no real tuning places near me(eastern montana/west north dakota) I'm going to have to do it myself. Wondering what the best way to go about this is? Do I tune at idle then break in? Do i tune a few light pulls to make sure afr is right? Also afr broke will be replacing soon. If anyone who has similar mods could chime in I'd SERIOUSLY appreciate it

You can always have someone remote-tune it. There are lots of options there. You should be able to just drive it around on a stock 2g tune but it concerns me that you don't even know if the car is speed density or not. No offense but you should not be touching the tune if you're not capable of determining if the car is on speed density or not. Post a log and we can take a look.

I'm super interested in remote tuning. I'm sure its speed density because in ecmlink I've seen the table setup. Although I've never messed with it. Been reading A LOT about the procedures though with stft and ltft. Who would I even get a hold of around here for a respectable remote tune and what's the average cost assuming everything goes okay?

If you just need help diagnosing issues and getting it setup then post a log here and we can help. If you want professional tuning then guys like Kevin Jewer, Rix Racing and Kenny Kline are commonly used tuners. You can contact them on Facebook usually.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back