The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

New Product release! DSM brake brackets (3000GT brake swap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I bought new around May, only 4 bolts and no washers. It's was a $55 error if they were missing because to have a pro shop hunt down the right parts isn't cheap. If the new kits have what you stated then that will save costumers time and money.

Finding remanned 3000gt calipers isn't easy so good luck out there, used are great if you rebuild them.

Also knowing a +30 wheel is safe helps in case those with +40 know going in they'll need a 10-12mm spacer ahead of time.

Otherwise the whole kit is a nice upgrade, especially for the do it yourself guy.

I bought new around May, only 4 bolts and no washers. It's was a $55 error if they were missing because to have a pro shop hunt down the right parts isn't cheap. If the new kits have what you stated then that will save costumers time and money.
I assume you mean 4 bolts per bracket, not 4 bolts total. I'm 100% sure we've never packaged a caliper bracket without bolts. (it affects the way they box up for shipment, so we'd know it. Plus I package these myself). As far as the washers go, next time send us a message. We'd gladly have mailed out a set if they were indeed missing.

Here's painted calipers, then 3g master cylinder on a 1g booster.

Attachments

• 20201127_143116.jpg
    20201127_143116.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 66
  • 20201127_143421.jpg
    20201127_143421.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 67
Just ordered my pair this week! Looking forward to doing the swap and seeing the results, might post a picture also if anyone is interested once it is complete.
Please share. I'm putting these on my 2g right now. I thought I could choose to mount the bracket for the caliper to be higher or lower but the lower position makes the caliper touch the lower part of the knuckle and I don't want to grind away the 1-2mm of material to make it fit, so I'm installing them in the higher position. I'm also working on installing the vented rears and am dealing with having the wrong caliper cores now, trying to find a brake hose with the right fitting.

Small update, Paul has since updated his webpage per my finding. His brake adaptors are meant to be used with 2G 3k vr4 rotors, not 1g. It's nice to get a little more stopping force but a 1g 3si wheel is an incredibly tight fit. I had the inner rim welds rub against the calipers in mulitple spots and had to get the wheel weights moved to the inner most diameter of the rim to not contact those. I'm waiting on the corrected brake lines to show up now and am in process of repainting the calipers after clearancing them,...

Not sure this mod is worth it honestly, I'll find out if it brakes better or not, that's the real test but saving money and time, not happening. Considering the current labor to install studs or a spacer with studs, it levels off fast which was one big selling point here.
From my personal experience using these brackets with 3KGT calipers, they are definitely worth the money. They offer a significant increase in stopping power in a bolt-on package. This "kit" all said and done is still significantly cheaper than any other aftermarket bolt-on brake upgrade, with performance to boot.

These calipers/brackets held up all day fade free at Streets of Willow stopping my full weight Galant VR-4 in 105+ degree heat. That's no easy task, as my car is a heavy pig. They absolutely perform.

Regarding your wheel fitment, proper research on a specific set of wheels would have saved you a lot of time and money.

For future reference to anyone wondering about wheels, you can measure the protrusion of the caliper, then compare that measurement to the backspacing/offset on a given wheel to get a good idea of fitment. As long as you're close, a 5mm spacer can give you a little extra clearance without requiring extended lug studs.

Lastly, if you want a sure fit with these calipers, pretty much any factory OEM Mitsubishi 17" Enkei wheel will clear these calipers. Examples would be the Evo 8 Enkei, Evo BBS Enkei, etc.

From my personal experience using these brackets with 3KGT calipers, they are definitely worth the money. They offer a significant increase in stopping power in a bolt-on package. This "kit" all said and done is still significantly cheaper than any other aftermarket bolt-on brake upgrade, with performance to boot.

These calipers/brackets held up all day fade free at Streets of Willow stopping my full weight Galant VR-4 in 105+ degree heat. That's no easy task, as my car is a heavy pig. They absolutely perform.

Regarding your wheel fitment, proper research on a specific set of wheels would have saved you a lot of time and money.

For future reference to anyone wondering about wheels, you can measure the protrusion of the caliper, then compare that measurement to the backspacing/offset on a given wheel to get a good idea of fitment. As long as you're close, a 5mm spacer can give you a little extra clearance without requiring extended lug studs.

Lastly, if you want a sure fit with these calipers, pretty much any factory OEM Mitsubishi 17" Enkei wheel will clear these calipers. Examples would be the Evo 8 Enkei, Evo BBS Enkei, etc.
Wish Enkei RPF1s were on that list but having good taste is a curse...

Perhaps it's easier to study what wheels offer stock fitment on a 2g 3si awd as the caliper has similar positioning to clear the 2g rotor.

Wish Enkei RPF1s were on that list but having good taste is a curse...
Depending on the specs, I'm confident they would fit. I should mock up the set I have on my other Galant just to see.

What I did for the rear of my 92 Talon, I installed 96 PBR/ Corvette calipers. It has a built in E-brake. I used a 12 " rotor of the 96 Corvette. I have had it on the car for years with no problems. I think I did a write up on it years ago
Rick

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back