The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

New product launch: PiLink for ECMLink owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If anyone wants a really great screen at a great price, I found on aliexpress the Eyoyo that I use in my car, a 7" IPS 1920x1200 display, for only $107
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32877709897.html

edit -- looks like it's a sale, so better get on it fast.

It's a very high quality screen with built-in speakers, a sun shade, and takes 12V power (though it doesn't come with a barrel plug, you'll have to source that). Very nice screen at a dirt cheap price (I paid $156 for it I think when I bought it).

This price is basically at the price point I might have reached for my own non-touch screen so there's no point in me selling mine as I can't compete with this. (edit: being a sale price perhaps I can still be competitive as all the other screens in this size/res/quality are in the $150+ range still).

An update on my potential touch screen display, I mentioned earlier that I broke my prototype and was awaiting parts. I still don't have the parts as the vendor simply didn't ship them (had to file a dispute...), so this may never happen. I don't think it's much of a loss though as my cursory testing with a touch screen interface with ECMLink software left me feeling ECMLink really isn't usable with touch screens. Perhaps the couple people in here that have also experimented with touch screens and ECMLink can chime in with their experience.

Last edited:
Are you still going to have extra units with your initial group buy? If so, what would they run $$ wise?

Are you still going to have extra units with your initial group buy? If so, what would they run $$ wise?

I still have a couple available at the group buy price + sales tax of 6%. So $318 is the price. The order needs to come in the next few days though else you're out of luck. Currently I'm waiting on one final component to start the build process so that's what's allowed the extra time.

Finally starting production after receiving the final component. Covid really slowed the process down but I'm now ready to go.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks! I can't say I can continuously keep up this pace, but I felt like burning through at least a chunk of them. It definitely takes some time for each one even with trying to streamline the build process.

To everyone that placed an order please check the PayPal account email addresses you used for payment as I have been sending communications there. Some folks aren't regularly watching them and have missed updates from me, and I want to make sure everyone's seeing my messages. Thanks!

All - the group buy has been completed! I shipped the last of the orders out last week (well with one exception, but he's waiting on some camera components). Thank you all for trusting me to provide this solution to you! Make sure to pop in the Owner's Thread with tips, tricks, guidance, or help requests!

In case folks missed my emails, I'll have a 7" 1920x1200 touch screen available soon, details found in the PiLink Owners thread if you have any interest. 2g snap-in bezel option and soon I'll have a 1g as well. Very nice display and at a very competitive price point.

For anyone that runs across this thread in the future I'll be making PiLink and other products available for purchase soon. My site for ordering should be at https://jfracing.net soon. Feel free to message me on Facebook at John Freund Racing if you want to put your name down for any products.

Thanks again!

The only confirmed customer that finished their install with the OpenAuto setup that I know of is @Justin DuBois . I know that when using the equalizer that he saw clipping begins to occur as the gain goes up, but I don't recall noise issues. I.e. it's not the best sound card in the world. However, In my personal testing with headphones I never once heard any noise, sound was about as good as I get out of my phone but I'm not the audiophile I used to be so I'm not as sensitive as others might be. I think I recall Justin having some static issues early on but... I want to say that was a cable issue? I'll ask if he can respond.

The only confirmed customer that finished their install with the OpenAuto setup that I know of is @Justin DuBois . I know that when using the equalizer that he saw clipping begins to occur as the gain goes up, but I don't recall noise issues. I.e. it's not the best sound card in the world. However, In my personal testing with headphones I never once heard any noise, sound was about as good as I get out of my phone but I'm not the audiophile I used to be so I'm not as sensitive as others might be. I think I recall Justin having some static issues early on but... I want to say that was a cable issue? I'll ask if he can respond.
I though I had sent this response earlier, but it must have forgot to press post - ug

The noise resolved be replacing the RCA cables with a single twisted pair replacement direct to the amp (in spare tire well) routed away from or in a 90deg path across high amperage wires (the fuel pump power supply)

The scope auto-scaled to the signal edges, finding the max pre-amp line level out to be ~3.3v, I could see a 400hz continuous wave source from my phone clip at the sound card output when EQ levels were above 0, output volume at 100% and all the sound card input levels at 0db gain (defaults)

Knowing this, I was able to balance the input line level settings on the amp, by slightly increasing the amp input gain. This effectively reduced the input from 4v to 3.3v safely

Last edited:
@GST with PSI , installed yours yet? I was wanting to eventually add this to my Galant with a screen, and wanted to see what you had done.

When wiring in for the 12v source, do you recommend taping into an existing source or running a separate PiLink power wire to the battery.

The system needs at most 2.5A. it's fine to tap into most power wiring like the lines to the ECU as they are thick enough gauge to accommodate the current. You just need to be sure the fuse for whichever line you tape into can handle an extra 2.5, for which most fused lines should have the buffer room.

@GST with PSI , installed yours yet? I was wanting to eventually add this to my Galant with a screen, and wanted to see what you had done.

I ran out of time before I left on deployment and didn't get to install mine. Hopefully after I return in a few months I can get it on the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back