The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

***** NEW PRODUCT ***** 2G, 4 point front under brace / subframe brace ***** V2 interest *****

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lol, no but it's a suspension part
haha. if you do wanna join in with the others just let me know dude, im sure you will like the red color and admire it alot still

I love this, worried about the ground clearance - but Ill give it a shot. Please put me down for 4g63 version (1999 GSX). Thanks
I consider myself failrly low but not slammed like you see some folks do.

I run my tanabe just fine and only scraped twice on a central hump thats more of a painted hump. Other then that i have not had any clearance issues on the tanabe and we got alot of speed humps in various sizes LOL, my desig is mocked up space and gap wise from the tanabe so should not have any issues there.

The front on the 4G63/4 version sits slightky higher then the rear bar so again it will not be as low as the rear bar once bolted up,

Ok a side note, I'd LOVE to see a front strut bar that is braced to the firewall for added support.

Our firewall in thin and flimsy so there would not be any gain without some welding and fab work for the customer to do to the rear section (wiper system area)

Do you not have Kevin's fender braces? Do the same thing probably twice as well and they arent in the way

I got my prototype one back from the powder coaters today, sorry for the lack of light pics. Currently night time when i got home and using my kitchin lights to help with the process (thank you to my 4K led house bulbs) love bright white light indoors (wife hates it haha)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Hey! I'm definitely interested in one, I won't be able to pay for it until after January 15th probably a day after I get paid. It would be for a 2g awd 4g63. I imagine it doesn't matter but I do have a Megan Racing downpipe in case that information is relevant.

I never thought of getting something like this. I've never noticed anything about my handling, but I'm a car enthusiast noob. What have you noticed after installing these? Less body roll?

As a said noob with mostly basic tools, what's the difficulty in installing these?

Thanks for your patience in answering these questions.

Hey! I'm definitely interested in one, I won't be able to pay for it until after January 15th probably a day after I get paid. It would be for a 2g awd 4g63. I imagine it doesn't matter but I do have a Megan Racing downpipe in case that information is relevant.
Downpipe wont matter as their is plenty of clearance for exhausts. The list closes end of jan so your good to pay by then

I never thought of getting something like this. I've never noticed anything about my handling, but I'm a car enthusiast noob. What have you noticed after installing these? Less body roll?

As a said noob with mostly basic tools, what's the difficulty in installing these?

Thanks for your patience in answering these questions.
Many years ago i bought a tanabe 2 point brace and after i installed it the front end felt toughter and i noticed then when cornering.

These will further add to that tanabe by bracing the front arms together and thdn to the rear.

As for installing this its pretty simple, just remove the oem front arm bolts, remove the rear 2 flanged subframe nuts, install new bolts and the front of this brace then the rear and its nuts and do them up, thats it. Its really simple and basic tools is all you need. I will do an install write up on it as i always do with my items so people know exactly what to do

Also is red the only color itll come in?
im doing the batch in red yes. if i start doing different colors prices start going up as they have to clean out and prep for new powder and this can get more costly if everyone has a different color so to keep costs down I choose red like Tanabe did. its also a nice red

im doing the batch in red yes. if i start doing different colors prices start going up as they have to clean out and prep for new powder and this can get more costly if everyone has a different color so to keep costs down I choose red like Tanabe did. its also a nice red
Different color? Its a proven fact the red makes cars go faster, PROVEN

Started to get the car back together and put this on before i called it a day.

What if I want an under carriage brace that went back further? This may be a good start. I kinda want close to a full length brace that goes back to the rear sub frame. It's something I've been thinking about having a local shop make for me.
Something like that would be best suited per project locally due to the size, it would be very costly for me to ship for that size even if it was abke to be broken down into smaller lengths.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back