The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

***** NEW PRODUCT ***** 2G, 4 point front under brace / subframe brace ***** V2 interest *****

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EC17PSE

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
LIST CLOSED!!!!!

install write up https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-to-install-bobbys-4-point-front-underbrace.527731/

Hello Tuners and welcome to this item I am going to be making very soon!

This item was ment to be a 1 off for myself but I had quite a few people interested asking abut it over a few platforms as to if it will be sold so I decided to offer it up to you all!

We dont have many options for bracing and only Tanabe and RRE offer something for us and its only a 2 point brace.
So this brace is none like others, it connects to all 4 points of interest being the rear lower subframe mounting points and also connects the front lower arms together and then front to rear, This is a very strong brace and is very rigid in design vs the normal Tanabe front under brace. Ralliart once made a brace for the Galants but was not super strong and cost a fortune if you could find one!

SO WHY BUY AN UNDER CHASSIS BRACE???
Well the factory tried to stiffen the subframe up by adding plates and it helps but its not the best end result.
the subframe flex's still and a 2 point rear tanabe works well ( i used one for years and felt the difference) so connecting all 4 points is a great way to keep it more in check and add rigidity for a more precise steering feel.
connection of the front lower arms is not very well supported in oem so when cornering it will put load on these locations and incur small amonts of flexing,
These will be great for any driving from daily to racing to really stiffen up that front end more and improve handlng and feel.

I am going to cater for all models on this as I can adapt for it and test for it since I have 2 chassis to mock up against here.

The 2 versions will be available are

* 4G63 and 4G64 models (2.0 turbo and 2.4 N/A).
* 420A. version here https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/n...r-brace-subframe-brace.526501/#post-153746630

the 420A crossmember and exhaust sit lower so will come as close to the cross member as my pictures show for the 4G engined chassis,

Just let me know which model you will require so I know what to make please.

will fit the GSX fine since nothing sits lower then the crossmember.

* Bushes are CNC machined for precision.
* Tubes are seamless CDS steel (very strong and light)
* 2 stage RED powder coated (zinc primed)
* New front hardward 12.9 socket capped bolts and nuts, (re use your old rear flanged subframe nuts)

This weighs in at 4.9 Lbs so its fairly light and very very strong.

Price is $310 shipped to the lower 48, Canada or any other locations please message me to check your shipping price as it may alter slightly.
You can either pay in full up front or do a deposit ($160) and pay the remainder when i close the list, the more i can get upfront the sooner i can get working on these and possibly have them built sooner and shipped sooner, so pm me with how you wish to proceed.

I would like to close this at the end of Jan 2020 and have them made and shipped by end of march 2020 or sooner If I can, I need at least 15 to start this going and If i get enough sooner I can perhaps start sooner with the process of metal ordering and getting to work on them

4G63/4 model.

1. @llxkevinxll P
2. @fredom dsm P
3. @DsmKhan P
4. @T2Small P
5. @rabenne P
6. @MindBlowin03 P
7. @Eclipse 1998 P
8. @josh408 P
9. @tunernewb92 P
10. @ames905 P
11. @my98gsx D
12. @mitsumikey X2 P
13. @calgst95 P
14. @crazy95dsm P
15. @Christian Helsel P
16. @b00st3d D
17. @bluespunk P
18. @Andreb P
19. @DSM98GSX P
20. @mountain_man P
21. @TommyDSM P
22. Kie P
23. @efrainz28 P
24. @Verdant P
25. @ARoseGsx P
26. @Black95TSIawd P
27. @96dsmftw P
28. @victor aguilar P
29. @rival P
30. @181161 D
31. @Deve

420A model

1. @dsmcrzy P

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Count me for a set for the 2g gsx

I have height concerns as well, is it lower than the pinch welds Bobby? It looks good in the pics but looks can be deceiving. Count me in. 4g63 version.

EDIT: I had an adult read me the description, I only understand pictures and numbers. I cant see any issues with the height.

Couple q's
1. did you look into integrating the lateral member (front to rear brace that front engine roll stop mounts to) into this brace? Just curious
2. are you accepting ideas for other new products?
3. under 5 lbs? nice work! I have taken bigger shits!

thanks Bobby!!

I have height concerns as well, is it lower than the pinch welds Bobby? It looks good in the pics but looks can be deceiving. Count me in. 4g63 version.

EDIT: I had an adult read me the description, I only understand pictures and numbers. I cant see any issues with the height.

Couple q's
1. did you look into integrating the lateral member (front to rear brace that front engine roll stop mounts to) into this brace? Just curious
2. are you accepting ideas for other new products?
3. under 5 lbs? nice work! I have taken bigger sh**s!

thanks Bobby!!

I mocked the the depth of this up from the tanabe so the rear bar sits about the same depth and the front actually sits a tad higher then the rear so i had no problems with the tanabe bar myself so this will also be fine, it just looks worse and lower then it is.

I can talk to anyone about ideas they have, i dont think of everything so if you got something in mind pm me and we can chat or fb message me if its easier.

As for making one connect to the cross member / front roll stop i could look into it. Would check out forces / loads and if it would be strong enough connected to one bar.

The weight side of things is just how it came out. I knew it could not be heavy, but had no set goals because i know its going to weight something and more then the 2 point tanabe. But 4.9 lbs is decent for the strength of this thing, i could opt for thinner wall still and drop more weight but then it stoos becoming as rigid and can flex more

How low do these sit? I imagine a couple inches lower than the exhaust?
So when i mocked this up i used my tanabe as a guidance, the rear sits close to the same location and the front sits a bit higher since its higher then the rear on the subframe.

I consider myself fairly low and i dont scrape my brace so this brace wont be any worse then having a tanabe.
I wanted to make sure it was not lower and still left enough room for the exhaust and oem crossmember

I’ll take one I have a 99 gsx what’s the next step
I shall start asking for funds sometime soon, while i will close it end of jan if i can get payments sooner thats better for me because i can use them funds to get the process rolling sooner and made sooner and that means the item will be made and shipped sooner too,

If you wish to pay now pm me or you can wait its upto you

Ok a side note, I'd LOVE to see a front strut bar that is braced to the firewall for added support.
Our firewall in thin and flimsy so there would not be any gain without some welding and fab work for the customer to do to the rear section (wiper system area)

Thanks all those interested already.

Just a question for you all, would you like to leave a deposit or pay upfront? If i can get some funds i can try get ahead of some metal ordering and making of them to cut down times.

If you want to pay something and not wait till end of jan to pay pm me.

Got the 420A version done and welded today and final checked for fitment after cool down.

About the same clearance of 10mm from the crossmember. This one sits about equal to the rear height wise.

OMG was not going to buy anymore parts till spring and then you come out with this. Let me see if I can sell some organs on the black market. Love this piece
But its not billet! You feeling ok??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back