The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New personal best Full weight DD.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucken13

Proven Member
Feb 6, 2014
Casa Grande, Arizona
I finally crushed my goal to get into the 12s with this car. Previous fastest time was 13.7@104mph on a small16g at 14psi. I went to the track Sunday hoping to get low 13s with the new set up. Car is on a New clutch (SBC SS-TZ)and welded center differential, along with a MHI Billet E316g @ 22psi on stock 2g timing map E85. Still some left in the car hoping to crack my new goal of 11s at IFO Tucson come March 3/15. No video sadly camera man had some technical difficulties and GoPro was in full picture mod LOL. Extremely stoked to have put down a good time after my embarrassing mishap last test and tune (15.7).
I would love for someone to shed some light on the lower trap speed vs. my previous personal best.

I am #21

Raced against a Kia Soul for those who ask LOL

Attachments

• 2015-02-10 03.29.20.jpg
    2015-02-10 03.29.20.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 2015-02-10 03.29.20.jpg
    2015-02-10 03.29.20.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 160
Usually, as ET goes down, so does trap speed. This does a pretty good job at explaining it.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/trap-speed-vs-et-explained-here.567417/

So for example, I trapped 130.75mph, but my ET was 11.3...well, I had a garbage 1.9 60ft, so as the article explains, my launch sucked and I lose some traction in 1st on street tires, (yes, even with AWD).

Other guys I know are running mid to high 10's, but trapping mid to high 120's.

If I can get my 60ft down to a 1.6-1.5, and pull off a 10.8-10.9, theoretically, my trap speed will go down.

98 mph is low for a 12.5 .. Look at your 1/8 th mile you only gained 10mph on the back half (I usally get 20+mph) I would look into a boost leak or its pulling timing... Nice runs though should be hitting 11's when ya dial it in

-Kapok6
That’s an awesome thread I actually read it just after I posted this. I was going to post it for others I appreciate you adding the link. Defiantly makes a lot of sense so in theory I should have a lot more left in the car with a good pass.
-99eclipse
Yes this was VIRGIN 7 bolt long block pulled more Noah Goodwillies car another member on here (wildcats screen name). Thank you so pretty sure its virgin unless noah forgot to mention something he did.
-Pipnorcali & bastarddsm
Defiantly fell on its face in the back half. I’m on OEM plugs gapped at .32 So was getting some blow out also late shifted into 4th right at the last 150 ft. Wasn’t sure if I should have redlined 3rd of shifted into 4th or not. And did not have time to boost leak test prior to this run.
I picked up a set of bres7 going to start with a gap of .28. I also saw a lot of wheel hop and damaged the front driver side axle on this run. Will be going back to the track in the next few weeks to hopefully get a solid tune and work out the last of the bugs before IFO 3/15. Hopefully with a little weight reduction i can get my new goal of 11s. This run was at full weight nothing removed including stereo system and baby seat, and spare tire. Only forum of weight reduction is my ProCar solid back driver seat(24lb with rails) and straight pipe 3in turbo back which was significantly lighter than the Obx 2.5in cat back I removed. Track was also pretty well prepped.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back