The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

New paint: Lasted 12 hours.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blk95gs

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 18, 2002
Havre De Grace, Maryland
Updated:
New pic of damage on page 2.

Sooo...I get my car back from the body shop last night at 11pm. New electric blue paint, 97-99 Eclipse front/headlights/CF lip/95-96 Eclipse rear and taillights. I have no working taillights, no blinkers, no flashers, no dash lights, no vanity lights, no reverse lights, no tag lights, and my ignition doesnt work. So we charge the battery, pop start it, and my friend drives it home. It's too dark and late to work on it, so I go to bed, pissed as shit, but I figured I would just miss work to work on the car. :notgood:

Since it doesn't start, I miss work today to wake up at 7AM to check all fuses, ignition wires, all that jazz. I figure it's a short or my turbo timer, so I check the turbo timer first. The harness is loose, so I reconnect that. Boom, turn the key, ignition. Still have the lighting issue. To save you time, fast forward to 10 hours later.

After tearing the interior apart, and testing all fuses and shit, we diagnose it to the rear of the car. The right Eclipse taillight was pushed in, and shorted the harness to the chassis. We fix it. I drive the car down the street.

Great I think, I have my car back after 7 weeks. I drive it a mile. POP! Lower IC pipe blows. I call a friend, he brings a jack and a 10mm deep socket to put the T-bolt clamps back on. After 45mins, I get it fixed. It is 11:15PM by now. I drive MAYBE 400ft, and see a truck on the side of the road, at which point a car pulls out of a gas station and tailgates the shit out of me. So I have no option to swerve onto the shoulder (because of said truck), and didn't want to hit the shoes that I saw in the middle of the road that the truck must've dropped out the back because the car is so low and I didn't want to hit them. So I swerve left, because I have NOWHERE else to go. To my surprise, the truck HAD ALSO DROPPED A POWER WASHER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD! I had nowhere to go. It's 5 feet in front of me, black. No idea it was even there. I slam into it doing 30-40mph. No more CF lip, ruined the bumper, and smashed my intercooler.

I don't want to get into the beat his ass, go through insurance this and that, because I have only liability. I just wanted to share my awesome luck with you all. This is after I spent $1500 in paint, $200 on the lip, $150 on the bumper, $750 on the intercooler. I just got my license back today as well. Good. Great. Grand. Wonderful.

These pics are the best I can do at night on my cell phone.

Before:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

After:

#### that kid.

At this moment God is laughing and thinking to himself (I love DSM's) HAHAHA

Nice car. Don't get down it will be up and running again

I love you all. I have to go to the MVA @ 8 AM and work @ 9 AM and I drank it away tonight with the combo of Jack and Miller.

I just want some money from the guy!!! He's like 17 and a douche. Sigh. It's just depressing. I feel that I'm taking it pretty well. Hahahahaha. Yeaaaaa.

Oh! And he had the audacity to say, "I JUST BOUGHT THAT POWER WASHER!" Duh, asshole, tie that shit up then!!!

Sorry for the extreme language, I'm just pretty upset about the whole situation...

All I can say is get it back man... cause thats one sexy beast you got. I have the same luck. I fix one thing, another thing breaks. My electrical system is freaking out, one thing doesn't work, then it works and another doesnt... then I let someone drive my car and they wreck it... not a bad wreck, but enough to snap the end link of the sway bar, bust a wheel and demolish my fb. oh yeah.. go on vacation, stupid kids shoot up my car with a paint ball gun, so the paint sits for a month...so the paint is part of my body work now...I guess we get ####ed because god loves to collect tallons and you can't really look directly at an eclipse,... but then again were only human! hehe.

I don't know if it's the same in your state, but in Washington if a driver fails to properly secure their load and they end up losing the load and it causes an accident, they are liable for all damages. Did you report it to the police?

Get money from him, period. Take him to court. I hit a leaf spring in the middle of the highway, had some truck been on the side of the road I would have sued them, but I was out 2 rims and half my suspension after hitting that and I had to pay for it out of pocket.

did you make a report with the police (were they called at least?)

if not you may be sh!t out of luck....I can understand if you don't wanna go through the insurance, but I hoped there's at least "legal" proof of the accident.

that is ####ed up man, what happened with the truck? he didnt offer you any compensation?

m1nd64m3 said:
I hope you broke the shit out of his power washer

The thing EXPLODED. Millions of pieces. I was a little happy about that.

No police report. Either he or his parents will be paying for it, at least a bumper and lip. The intercooler isn't so much a huge deal, although the core is all messed up. I can't go through my insurance since liability doesn't cover that. But I think he either didn't have insurance, or something. I was trying to make it easier for him and I, $500 bucks would work for me. But I guess I'm gonna have to involve lawyers.

I talked to my paint guy, and he said he'd respray a new bumper for free. I guess that's pretty cool, I figured he wouldn't charge anyway.

Just sucks, the car was pretty for a day. Wow. Sweet.

It isnt a matter of weather or not YOU have full coverage, thats his fault. Were you riding with an expired license? I know you said you just got em back. Oh, you did good though, cause I would have went to jail that day!

IF it makes you feel any better, I put a new pass side fender on and repainted my car and the next day (within 24hrs) a deer ran into me on that same fender in the "down town" section of a city near me.

When trucks drop stuff onto the road I usually slow down or stop till they move it out of the street. In most states if someone is tailgating and rear ends you then they are at fault and have to pay up. Go figure. And I still don't understand why people blame God for unforeseen occurances or crap that they do to themselves.

RiceKiller_TSi said:
When trucks drop stuff onto the road I usually slow down or stop till they move it out of the street. In most states if someone is tailgating and rear ends you then they are at fault and have to pay up. Go figure. And I still don't understand why people blame God for unforeseen occurances or crap that they do to themselves.

WOW, I feel ya man but thats kinda harsh. Dont you think if he could have slowed down and stopped he would have done so?? Esp considering he has a 24hr paint job!
:spam:

RiceKiller_TSi said:

Yup that's what you do when you SEE crap falling onto the road in front of you. But when you don't SEE the crap, your bumper eats it, and then some armchair indy driver tells you how he would have just slowed down or stopped until the object was moved out of the street.

Ha ha ha, armchair Indy driver... thats great stuff. ROFL I hate Indy by the way.
I'm not saying that you can always avoid hitting stuff in the road but dang, a pressure washer? LOL I knew some of you would get all pissed. I guess the poor guy just couldn't avoid it.

I didn't see it AT ALL. You really think I'd choose to hit a pressure washer over a pair of shoes/boots?!? I saw shoes and assumed that hitting them would rip my front lip off.

I had to make a split second decision. I couldn't take the shoulder, the truck that dropped said debris was in the way. The car riding my ass would have owned my rear end, and without seeing the power washer, sweving left seemed like my only out...until I saw the thing. Basically I swerved left and the car riding my ass passed me in the driving lane. So I had nowhere to go.

If it wasn't for those dang shoes! Plus the thing was black, and I was focused on the vehicles and shoes, not the center/left of the road. I donno.

Man you dont have to explain it, we know you wouldnt hit that crap on purpose! Sometimes people panic and end up causing a pile up because someone tried not to hit something in the road. Sometimes you got to take one for the team. It sucks ass though....

Ha.

To top it off, my temp got a little high on my way to work this morning, and the zip ties didn't hold the lip on the highway... :(

YES! That was my first reaction after I calmed down and fixed it up all haggard like.

I said, "Power washer...what a shitty story. I'll just tell people I was getting sideways on some backroads."

Time to randomly sticker that bumper up LOL.

I bought it off eBay for $115 shipped. Held up pretty good and fit perfect, so kudos to eBay bumpers at least! ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back