The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

New or used car under 20k???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagwired

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 24, 2003
dallas, Texas
Ok, so i recently got a new job that pay about 6 times what i was making before and i've decided to look into another car. I dont really want to spend over 20k because i dont want to be paying payments forever.

I have looked at a few used g35s in my area(over 20k used i know, but i can dream) and have been thinking about maybe an rx7 twin turbo or a 3kgt vr4. I'm not really into srt-4s, so what else would y'all suggest lookin into for my price range?

btw..i'm keeping the dsm so no worries

How about an early Honda S2000, Chevy Camero SS or Z-28, Pontiac Firebird, Lexus GS 300...there are all kinds of choices. What exactly do you want in a car?

amp9211 said:
How about an early Honda S2000, Chevy Camero SS or Z-28, Pontiac Firebird, Lexus GS 300...there are all kinds of choices. What exactly do you want in a car?

i have thought about the s2000..theyre nice cars. I'm lookin for somethin a little sportier than the eclipse stock performance-wise that still has the great looks.

S2K has always been one of my favorite cars, what about a leftover 2004 RSX-S, im sure it could be had for under 20K and they are quick with very few mods.

maybe an Acura 3.2 CL-S. if you're lucky, you might be able to find a 6-speed. in terms of upgrades, comptech makes a mean supercharger for it. my family owns a 3.2 TL-S ( the sedan version, has better weight balance) , and I can vouch for the build quality of the car and for its sportiness (learned to drive in that thing! ROFL )

I would suggest just taking a test-drive in an s2000 and see what you think. I test-drove one last year, and I was very impressed with them. I liked them more than the 350z and the RX-8's...

I realize that those Huyndai's and Kia's have really good warrantees, but I think that I would stay with something that has had a longer reputation for being a little more reliable, like a used Honda Accord, Toyota Camry or something like that.

By the way his first post sounded, it seems to me like he is wanting something pretty sporty...

i may be alone on this but i like the v6 tiburons for a daily driver it would be ok, sporty and manual available. id roll in one :rocks:

ok well i still really want the g35, but i'm going to test drive some cars this weekend. This is my list of cars to drive so far.

infinity g35(oh yes)
nissan 350z
evo8
subaru sti
srt-4(for the hell of it)
rsx-s
honda s2000

then i'm going to go look at some local mr2 turbos, rx7s,supras,300zx's and a starion.

jagwired said:
infinity g35(oh yes)
You do know that the G35 is the Skyline 350GT in Japan right? We just picked up an 05 6mt coupe two weeks ago and I'm sitting in a shop in Brooklyn waiting for clear bra installation as I'm typing this. All I can say is this car is sweeeeeeeeet, can't wait for the warranty to be over so I can twin turbo this thing. :thumb: If you can find an 02 for 20k, I'd say you won't be dissappointed.

Defiant said:
Are you looking for another sporty car, or just something to relax in on the way to and from work? If you just want a cruiser, look at the Sonata.

I think Defiant secretly works for Hyundai.

Defiant said:
The checks are all from Pennzoil. :D
I dunno, the H's are just well-built cars. Then again, after a DSM, Yugos look fairly substantial....

Ain't that the truth. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back