The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New Old member (Long Story)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gSpyder4g64

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2009
Mexico City, Central_America
hey guys i´ve bben arround 2009 in the site i dont post much but i read everything haha.

My name is pepe im from mexico city, i'm 19 yers old , im in 2nd semester of transport desing ( Mostly car design :D ) and i have 2 dsms :).

I got my first DSM when i was 16 ,i was actually looking for a z3 M when i found something i had never seen, it was a gun metal spyder when i saw it i inmediatly knew i wanted one of those haha. so i just keept looking untill i found the perfect one ( it had some paint issues and the roof structure had missing pieces and the cloth top was all ragged)

This is how it looks today :)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its all stock but the rear drum brakes i swaped them for disks :) and it had drilled and slotter "stoptech" rotors only haha
One day i decided to take it to the track LOL my first time ever i did 21.xx seconds :ohdamn: i really didnt knew when was the finish line so i just stoped acelerating and my best was 19.03 still a lame ass time haha but the track is at 7380 ft above sea level, even with those terrible times i wasnt the slowest guy there some ricers with underglow and flame trowers did 27 and 28 secs ;o haha

With those terrible times i decided i was going to do the dohc head swap and turbocharge it, but then i decied that the car is really well mantind and i wanted to keep it stock and dont mess with it.

So i bought a gsx :) after looking for one for months almost 1 year i found one that looked better kept than the rest ( dsm were never sold in mexico so we only get the trash you guys dont want haha :p ), i did a 11 hour tip to the coast in buss with my dad we saw the car it ran fine it looked like it only needed a few things to fix OMG. so we bought it the car needed tires so we got the 4 tires with discount haha after looking arround 3-4 hours in small towns near the coast i guess no one buys that size there.

Well when i started dismanteling it to fix eazy stuff like doors not closing properly i found out that the car was actually automatic and it was converted to 5spd :ohdamn: i shoould had inspect it more befor buing it it only had the manual trans but it had the auto transfer and diferential so they never got it to work the car just locked itself if you conected the rear, and the guy told me he took off the awd because he saved more gass like that haha.

the car had mad boost leaks and still does ;o not much as before tho i also got a new lsd rear dif nex axels and new tcase for it, also the clutch slips bad and i got a good deal on an exedy clutch i wanted an act 2100 but the exedy was more in my budget , i hope i can bring it back to its former glory soon.:hellyeah:

Thanks for reading my long post haha also im sorry for all the grammar errors english its not my first language.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back