The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New o2 or wideband?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swing lo

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 23, 2003
Jacksonville, Florida
Well being that dsmlink is showing my o2 sensor reading 12v through any rpm range im thinking i should just go ahead and get a wide/band and use it in place of my stock o2.

What ya guys think?

you can't put a wide band in the o2 housing.. however, you could put it farther back (some say 18 inches, some say 24) in the exhaust, and just cut the wires to your other o2 sensor. that should probably work i would assume... the only problem i see is how your ecu would see a wideband sensor signal. i'm not sure if DSMlink allows for some kind of translation to the ecu of the widebands signal. :confused:

Most wideband sensors can simulate the voltage signal that the ECU sees. Dont forget that a wideband isnt just an o2 sensor with a few more wires.. its requires a separate computer box. Check out the Innovate LM1.. its an amazing deal at $350. The Autronic ones are around $1000... and it only goes up.

Refer to section 11.1 - Connecting the LM-1 to simulate a narrow band oxygen sensor.
from the Innovate manual: http://innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LM-1_Manual_3.0.pdf

thats what i just bought (plx). it functions as a wide band but also has a narrowband output to replace the signal from the stock 02, if desired. pretty cool that the new version of pocketlogger can read wbo2 now.

checkout theDaytona Twin Tech Wego II , it is cheap, only $350. It will log 2 hours of data, RPM, and any 0-5V input including but not limited to boost, TPS, etc... also has a red backlit digital display, and an easy free air calibration for aging sensors.

EDIT: Just checked the site again and it went up to $375, i bet it will go down or talk to them and see if you can get it cheaper...

Thanks fellas. That is some really good information. I am now debating between a good wideband system and dsm link. Believe it or not I had saved up enough for DSMLINK but recently found out my computer was not an EPROM unit...the person I bought the car from said it was...so I just sucked it up and bought a remanufactured eprom for my 90 for $350.00!! Couple that with the laptop I bought to run dsmlink and I am in the hole 700 already...and I still dont have link! This is the reason I am thinking about a wideband now since they are cheaper. Anyhow, thanks.

Well, I can tell you first hand that the PLX-m300 works perfect for what you want to do. I run it with pocketlogger and a custom eprom. It is where the stock one should be in my O2 elim. downpipe, no problem what so ever. I also use the narrowband output to the ecu. Car runs like a champ. :thumb: 23 psi on 93 pump NO KNOCK. I want to get dsmlink for more fine tuning as I could maybe pull some more power out of my setup, but no one wants to buy my chip, and logging setup.... I paid around $345 shipped for my plx-m300 by the way. :thumb:

drivemusicnow said:
you can't put a wide band in the o2 housing.. however, you could put it farther back (some say 18 inches, some say 24)

Yes you can put it in front of the 02 housing. My friend has had it in the front for a few months now without any ill problems. The wideband itself is cheap to replace anyway. Als you can use the rear 02 location as well thats where i have mine and i don't have any problems

RavenX said:
Yes you can put it in front of the 02 housing. My friend has had it in the front for a few months now without any ill problems. The wideband itself is cheap to replace anyway. Als you can use the rear 02 location as well thats where i have mine and i don't have any problems

well, every wideband 02 company i've ever heard of says never to put them closer than 18 inches. just because his ahsn't died yet, doesn't mean it won't. i plan on a few years, rather than months of life out of mine, so i'd suggest farther back. but hey, thats just me

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back