The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved new motor stage 3 misfire cyl 1 HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

442powerstroke

Proven Member
Jun 6, 2013
sacramento, California
im in need of help please any 1 please help heres my symptoms

it seams to run great till is gets warm then starts to sound like a piece of $hit subaru.
mis fire ? is my guess been working three days stright on it i put new motor in it and now i have this prob.

motor is fully built by me ross pistons manley rods iggly griddel acl race bearings ported head bc titanium evo 8 rockers bc 280 cams aem cam gears, gtx 30r turbo trial wastegate greedy bov dsm v3 gm maf with ecmlink direct cable .going to sd ASAP

with that said i already had everything up in going with old stock motor only thing that is new to set up or underhood is bc 280 cams and knock sensor

what i have tested/ swaped parts since problem

new ngk plugs gaped.028-30 made sure timming right on tbelt two times made sure ignition timing is 5 tdc,did comp test 170+ on all cyl made sure CAS is right not 180 off swap inject risster, killed injectors in dsmlink one by one seams like #1 no diff on or off when i pull plugs cyc1 its spraks when pulled but no drop in engine performance , vac psi good at over 10-15 psi at idle. swamped injector from cyc1 to cyl2 cly1 still no diff when cut.

this seams like a electric problem when its cold it seams to run purfect WTF im stumped anything to look for in dsmlink?
im leaning to bad ecu?
i have also read bad lifters? i have new topline 3g lifters

i can up load a log on v3 too

Attachments

• phone 1110.jpg
    phone 1110.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 96
Check the coolant temp sensor to ecu is plugged in propelry and no broken wires. Ok here's what you do I see your running a cop setup. I bet your boots arnt sitting right on the spark plug. Mine would do the same Subaru miss crap if I didn't put the tube in the hole and on the spark plug first. Then I drop all the springs in and then set the plate on and bolt down. Hasn't failed me yet :) basically when it's not sitting all the way down on the spark plug. It's going to ark out into the spark plug tube area and thus why you have a miss.

Last edited:
I
Check the coolant temp sensor to ecu is plugged in propelry and no broken wires. Ok here's what you do I see your running a cop setup. I bet your boots arnt sitting right on the spark plug. Mine would do the same Subaru miss crap if I didn't put the tube in the hole and on the spark plug first. Then I drop all the springs in and then set the plate on and bolt down. Hasn't failed me yet :) basically when it's not sitting all the way down on the spark plug. It's going to ark out into the spark plug tube area and thus why you have a miss.
Have used cop and ngk wire same deal with both i swapped coolent temp of old motor and other running dsm i have two others in driveway so swap parts wont be prob but this is only ecu with link n i have big injector 1000cc guess i will pull out my maf trans and try it that way with stock ecu

Well if the spark plug is wet, it has to be a spark problem unless the wet is oil or coolant. Check make sure all you vacuum hoses/lines are connected or not pinched. Was the knock sensor a known good sensor? or new (Never Ever Worked) as some say.

Well if the spark plug is wet, it has to be a spark problem unless the wet is oil or coolant. Check make sure all you vacuum hoses/lines are connected or not pinched. Was the knock sensor a known good sensor? or new (Never Ever Worked) as some say.
i swapped it with old one and other i had sitting around made no diffrence timing light was on cyl 1 whole time it flashed new plugs installed no diff switched to cop coils no diffrence im so f***ing pissed off i cant sleep

Have you checked your fuel pressure? #1 is the last injector on the rail to get pressure. Crazy thought...Isn't there another connector on the harness that looks like the knock sensor's? possible it plugged in the wrong connector.

Have you checked your fuel pressure? #1 is the last injector on the rail to get pressure. Crazy thought...Isn't there another connector on the harness that looks like the knock sensor's? possible it plugged in the wrong connector.
no i havent checked psi i will hook up my fpr with guage on it to see thanks bra my fp is walbro 255 with rewire . and for knock sensor plug yes egr is same clip but black and knock is grey i checked it 10 times and pluged it in wrong then got knock light then put back i think knock it pretty much ruled out

It's not clear, what was the result?
Still cyl 1 the problem,is there any common problems that make car miss when hot it seems like its great till it warms up,, like ive seen you comment b4 im a part swaper rather then testing i have two other running 1g dsm its not a problem i leaning towards. A intake manifold leak im going to make a boost tester to psi intake manifold gasket,

Sounds like it could be an ignition issue. Try swapping coils first than power transistor.

FYI our coils fire 2 cylinders per coil so if it was a coil I would expect it to be a problem on the other cylinder also.

Do a leak down test to be sure the wet isn't coolant or oil and you said the cams are the only thing different I believe 280s give you a harsh idle could you be confusing it with misfire.

Do a leak down test to be sure the wet isn't coolant or oil and you said the cams are the only thing different I believe 280s give you a harsh idle could you be confusing it with misfire.
No the idle is bad a$$ with cams but it has no power when it gets warm it runs perfect first couple minutes then starts to bog down

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back