The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDude

Probationary Member
Nov 11, 2021
Huntley, Illinois
Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well. New to the forum but not new to DSMs/mitsus/4G63s or cars built in Normal. Been browsing for awhile and finally got the green light from the wife to buy a 2G. Spent an abnormal amount of time om here reading, preparing, and game planning when I do find one. Mostly interested in the maintenance side first. Then I’ll worry about upgrading/restoring.

Checking Facebook and here daily. If you know anyone around the Chicago area selling a running gst/x let me know. Can’t afford perfection but also don’t have the skills/tools (yet) for a full rebuild. Definitely willing to drive several hours. Thanks for reading and stay safe!

Welcome to the community!

DSMs can be hard to find these days, especially up north where they seem to dissolve in the road salt like sugar in the rain. But they still turn up from time to time in various states of condition. 🙂

Great plan doing all of the maintenance first. Given the age of these cars and the abuse many of them have been through, that is a wise place to start. 👍

I wish you the best of luck in your search and future project!

Doing research will be your best friend with this platform. If you aren't a mechanic now you will be owning one of these. Don't be discouraged by that though its a great platform and you can't go wrong with a 1g or 2g. I highly recommend having a back up vehicle. If you have a car now i wouldn't replace it, keep it. The maintenance can be rather extensive and can take days possibly weeks or months depending on your schedule to finish up repairs and or get parts in. Welcome to the forum, you will get the best support in the DSM community here. Hope you find a nice one

Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well. New to the forum but not new to DSMs/mitsus/4G63s or cars built in Normal. Been browsing for awhile and finally got the green light from the wife to buy a 2G. Spent an abnormal amount of time om here reading, preparing, and game planning when I do find one. Mostly interested in the maintenance side first. Then I’ll worry about upgrading/restoring.

Checking Facebook and here daily. If you know anyone around the Chicago area selling a running gst/x let me know. Can’t afford perfection but also don’t have the skills/tools (yet) for a full rebuild. Definitely willing to drive several hours. Thanks for reading and stay safe!
Did you find one?

Try this fb page.
I kind of take issue with sending someone over to Facebook... Not that long ago, our Founder @Ludachris asked us to do the complete opposite..
@TheDude ....you may want to try out this link of cars for sale in your area.... https://buysellsearch.com/vehicles/cars/mk-mitsubishi/ml-eclipse/gs-gsx
Please do not take offence @Bud92gsx ....I mean no disrespect as you are an upstanding member of DSMTuners and a great asset to this site..

I kind of take issue with sending someone over to Facebook... Not that long ago, our Founder @Ludachris asked us to do the complete opposite..
@TheDude ....you may want to try out this link of cars for sale in your area.... https://buysellsearch.com/vehicles/cars/mk-mitsubishi/ml-eclipse/gs-gsx
Please do not take offence @Bud92gsx ....I mean no disrespect as you are an upstanding member of DSMTuners and a great asset to this site..
Here's a great site to use, as it pulls classified listings from multiple sources:

I don't think Bud will take offense to you saying that. I know FecesBook is a popular source for buying and selling these days, I'm not going to say people shouldn't go check there since you might find what you're looking to buy, but I'm also not going to encourage it, as I still believe that platform continues to be a detriment to automotive culture, and in some ways for all society these days. It's turned into a massive marketing engine and has exacerbated a deeply toxic environment all around us that isn't easily repaired - yet people still use it because it allows them to peddle their wares (or their message) easily to a large audience. Most people I know can't stand it, but are forced to use it for commercial reasons.

Its a Chicago dsm page.
I seen his article myself about all the disinformation and bs happening all the time on fb and I whole heartedlyagree. I just thought it was a Chi town area dsm page and maybe could help him find a vehicle

I found mine through car gurus. They have a good rating system estimated worth values and such and can expand your search world wide. It was also very easy to contact the seller with all the info they make available on the search engine. May be worth a shot. They can also link you to carfax reports as well. Though not all sellers offer the report for free, mine ended up being free though.

I found mine through car gurus. They have a good rating system estimated worth values and such and can expand your search world wide. It was also very easy to contact the seller with all the info they make available on the search engine. May be worth a shot. They can also link you to carfax reports as well. Though not all sellers offer the report for free, mine ended up being free though.
I used Car Gurus to find my Eclipse as well. 👍

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back