The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpadilla

Probationary Member
Feb 16, 2010
Gilbert, Arizona
Hey guys my name is John and i am about to buy a 1g talon from a member here by the name of Edward i dont know his last name or his screen name but he lives in salinas , ca. he seems to be a really good guy and he is the one that told me to post in here. cant wait to start working on the car to make it into a dd. Do you guys thinks the 1g talon is a good dd? :hmm:

I think they are if you just keep up the maitance and don't beat on it. My laser was my dd because I didn't have any other choice. I did beat on it a few times and it lasted me a while, but my turbo blew up and then that turned into a head and then the turbo i had bought was fried then I put a new good turbo on it runs great now. probably better than before if you ask me. My brother has been driving his laser for about 6 monthes now with zero problems. Now I couldn't tell you why my turbo blew up, I had just finished washing and waxing it and I went for a cruise. I was going about 40 maybe 45 and as soon as I lit my cigarette I went to get a little more speed to get up the hill and I was not spooling at all. When I got home I took my MAF off and it was terrible what I felt, But all is well now and I am still driving it today.

Welcome! Any car can be a good dd with the proper maintenence, and don't cut corners. Just do it right or you'll do it many times and then some.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back