The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G New member stopped in to say hi :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97GS420aT

Probationary Member
Jun 15, 2015
greenwich, Ohio
Just bought a 1997 eclipse 420a that has had large amounts of work done to it. I've worked on and have been around cars all of my life, probably as most of us on here have. Never owned a DSM until this one, previous to it i've had WRX's and a few v8 classic cars. So i figured I would try something new and different to me :) I currently work at a Chevy car dealership as the Parts Assistant Manager, going on 5 years there, and my daily driver is my 2014 Chevy Impala 3.6L 305hp (love the car). Now enough about me on to the eclipse. LOL

Its the 420a engine with forged pistons and rods, head was left alone but cleaned and checked over. I think it has a Hanhs turbo kit on it, please correct me if i'm wrong. As far bolt on engine mods, has the Greddy BOV, larger injectors, missing link, msd wires, Greddy oil catch, and K&N filter. Begi? SFMU. It has all Autometer Gauges including, large tach, boost, oil, fuel, exhaust temp, nitrous, narrow band air fuel ratio. Along with all that it also has a full wet and dry shot nitrous set up, hoses ran to the trunk area (had duel nitrous tanks). Greddy exhaust still has the cat connected and Walbro 255 fuel pump. Megan short shifter and supposedly a stage 2 transmission which i have no idea if that's true. Blitz boost controller and HKS turbo timer. Also has a MSD Dis 2 timing programmer with boost retard as the piggy back ecm.

Exterior, suspension, and brake it has duraflex full body kit, aftermarket headlights and tail lamps, Aem big brake kit, AGX adjustable shocks with Skunk2 Coil overs (rides like a log wagon). 19in HD rims with 235/35/19 Pirelli tires, VIS Carbon fiber hood, front and rear strut tower braces and a jensen touch screen flip out stereo with all new speakers.

It runs and drives great, holds 15psi boost steady no problems but i've only ever had it that high twice. Usually sits around 8 with normal driving. I have learned so much about this car already and continue to every day. Deffinitely a head turner (with the cops too) and attracts plenty of attention.

* I have since re routed the vacuum tubing to the blow off valve after that picture was taken, because the person who hooked it up ran a tube from the valve cover to the oil catch then to the blow off valve :ohdamn:

Ill update when I get a chance to snap a few pictures on the interior for you guys.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back